Finally most overrated champ of all time derailed.

Any champion who fights top contenders, goes toe-to-toe and is only interested in fighting the best guys, is overrated?

I'm sure I will catch heat for this, but I couldn't stand GSP. Not saying he was overrated. Great technical fighter, but come on? I don't think GSP was all that great of a champion. GSP out-pointed guys and generally only fought to their weakness. GSP was a competitor. Lawler is a Fighter. In my books, thats far more of a champion then anyone who just goes out there looking to score easy points for the win. ESPECIALLY if you are the champ.

As far as overrated goes...Was Jake Shields a strikeforce champ? I just generally think hes the most overrated fighter ever.

Was Robbie even overrated? We all already knew he had close fights that could have gone either way, it's not like he was KO'ing everyone in 30 seconds and being hailed as GOAT.

Anyone who dislikes the way robbie fights or his attitude to mma in general is not a fan of mma. Just a hater.
No way was lawler overrated..
He goes to war and entertains us..
Ts is wrong.

How is it possible for anyone to shit on Robbie Lawler? Do you hate exciting fights?

Lol at all the butthurt replies, Lawler is a fun fighter but this is just the truth. He didn't deserve his belt.

OP thinks Tony Ferguson is the most well rounded fighter in UFC and that he will be a long reigning champ lel

Only overrated in the sense that a few scrubs here were claiming he would be the WW GOAT with a win over Woodley.

Now other scrubs are saying Woodley is the WW GOAT.

Next, Wonderboy will be WW GOAT as soon as he wins the title, according to the Sherdog scrubs.

Saying someone is overrated isn't the same necessarily as hating on him. It's just saying people rated him too highly, which a lot of people did. That has nothing to do with him being exciting or not.

Yeah, he's not the most technical guy to have enough skill to get defenses on a WW title - but still he FUCKING DID IT. I'm proud of him, and he is an idol for Just Bleed fighters everywhere.

lawler is a fuckin fighter

he was a champ that went out and put on a fight

not playing tight to hold his title

I use "champ" loosely as he didnt beat Big Rig to get it and lost to Conduit but still. Close wars means bad fighter I'm surprised you're surprised mfkers.
Close "wars" means bad fighter.. According to yor logic Rory, Condit, and Hendricks all are
bad fighters as well since they were the opponents in these "close wars". Maybe you need
to rethink your post. You "misremembered" again..

Close wars define the fighter. Real adversity reveals ability. Running through is easy by definition.
ya all those close wars jones, gsp, anderoid had and in boxing of course floyd goat constantly had close wars

wait

Winning close disputed fights dont make him overrated. If he was overrated condit and hendriks should have done what Woodley did tonight. They couldnt.
oh condit won by judging is ruthless

He was mainly rated for being in wars.

He featured way down the line in everyone's p4p list. Which i kinda agree with even though WW is a top 2 most stacked division.

Last edited:
"Once Ever" Ronda was the most overrated champion not only in UFC history, but in sports history. What Rogan said about her was the single biggest and most wrong and ignorant pile of bullshit I've ever heard about any human being.

Back