Finally got into boxing

td82394

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Some of you guys may recognize my username because I've come here to ask questions and I know at least one of you doesn't like me, but anyways, tonight was my first night of boxing. It was just great. I mean, my arms are killing me right now, but that just tells me I found a good spot. Anyhow, the first half of tonight, I did some shadow boxing, which is exhausting after a little bit, and then I went to the heavy bag where I learned a neat little trick where you can get somebody with the one-two, and then as they come forward, you can pivot and catch 'em with a left hook and then cuz of that they gotta' reset all over and stuff. It was great, though.

some advance stuff right there. Didnt they teach you stance and posture first,then throwing correct jabs? stance is fundamental in boxing, with out it you have nothing really.

Sounds like you had fun. Make sure they properly teach you footwork if they didn't already go over it. I spent many classes going over the different footwork and how to implement them with punching.

Oh, yeah, they taught me footwork and the stance and stuff. The taught me about being on my toes and pivoting and all that.

Back