Finally getting a console, would like some opinions.

cooljay1622

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Going to finally purchase a console. Last console was a original xbox then I moved over to PC gaming.

I am strictly buying for sports games(Hockey, Football, Basketball and MMA) and was wondering if one console provides a better online experience compared to the other.

As of now I'm leaning towards getting an xbox because I'm so used to design of the controller. But would still like to hear any comments people have with their experience with either console.

imo XboxONE has a horrible a interface and online options. It's a pain in the ass to do anything on that console and the windows-style view makes everything ugly, cluttered and frustrating.

Do you have any interest in Baseball? If so I would have to say PS4 since they have MLB the Show and I don't think the XB1 has anything comparable.

I have both, but don't do a lot of online gaming so I can't really speak to which has the better online experience. I did play a lot of Destiny on the PS4 and never had any problems. From stuff I've read on various forums, the PS4 has more connectivity issues but the XB1 isn't immune to these and have had issues with connecting to Live. Both consoles were hit pretty hard over the holidays with DDoS attacks.

If you're leaning towards the XB1 for the controller I would say go with that since you'll be spending a lot of time with it.

I have a ps4 but if youre buying it for sports games, unless all your friends are gaming on ps4 might as well go with what you know and get the Xbox1. I cant speak for connectivity issues but the PSN seems to go down a bit more than live, in my experience though online gaming has been A-OK on the PS4.

imo XboxONE has a horrible a interface and online options. It's a pain in the ass to do anything on that console and the windows-style view makes everything ugly, cluttered and frustrating.

Did you have an XBOX360? I have that and a PS4 and I've always much preferred Xbox's online interface (at least the 360). I realyl don't like the Playstation interface that they've been using since the PS3 days. Inviting people and stuff also seems to lag on Playstation while in 360 I never had those issues.

As for OP, I think most sports games are going to be multi-platform. so it really comes down to the design you like and what console your friends are on. I am biased into thinking that XBL is the better service compared to PSN but idk how much weight there is to that. I would think XBL has a bigger online community for sports games, but that's something you might want to research on your own, as times might have changed from the 360/PS3 era.

If you want to stream your games PS4 is the way to go. It's very easy to setup twitch on PS4 while I heard on XBONE it's a pain in the ass and doesn't work too well

Xbox One has the advantage in sports games because of EA Access. Total bargain.

Thanks for the comments guys. I know sports games are multi-platform but was just wondering how the online was between the two. I'm going to really get into either nba live 16 or 2k16 pro am thing that has squads co-op online and just wanted to read any thoughts people had using the online aspect.

As of now probably go with the 1tb xbone that comes with madden 16 on amazon. I know people talk crap on how madden hasn't improved over the years but the last one I played was 08 so ill probably be happy with it. lol

edit- ah yea EA access forgot about that one. The bundle i wanna buy has a year of that.

if your looking at online, then you really want to steer well clear of a playstation

the service is absolutely shocking and is constantly down(im told by my PS4 friends, they often have to leave consoles on overnight for updates, such is the speed)

if your looking at online, then you really want to steer well clear of a playstation

the service is absolutely shocking and is constantly down(im told by my PS4 friends, they often have to leave consoles on overnight for updates, such is the speed)

Sounds like they need different Internet. My updates happen really fast. Say maybe 60 sec. I have a 100 mb/sec isp. I buy almost all digital too and I can generally be sure if I buy a game I can be playing it in 10-15 mins for most games and even 10 gig monsters maybe 20 min.

All of the network stability issues I have had come from the ddoss attacks. Once and awhile I catch them during an update and can't get games in the middle of the night but I doubt that effects most people. (I work nightshift and stay up at night on off nights sometimes). It does seem to me that Xbox usually has more Sports fans so sports games are probably disproportionately Xbox users.

Thanks for the comments guys. I know sports games are multi-platform but was just wondering how the online was between the two. I'm going to really get into either nba live 16 or 2k16 pro am thing that has squads co-op online and just wanted to read any thoughts people had using the online aspect.

As of now probably go with the 1tb xbone that comes with madden 16 on amazon. I know people talk crap on how madden hasn't improved over the years but the last one I played was 08 so ill probably be happy with it. lol

edit- ah yea EA access forgot about that one. The bundle i wanna buy has a year of that.
Do you play baseball games at all?
And while 360 was usually the lead platform for multi games last generation it's opposite now.

Doesn't really seem to matter imo if you're just interested in sports games.

PS4 games will perform/look better.

Xbox will have the more stable online since they don't seem to go down as often as PSN.

There are, quite simply, more PS4s out there being played. So the best players are going to be there, there will be more competition, plus the PS4 is just the objectively more powerful console. So if you're only looking at multiplatform games, go Sony.

I would go for what more of your friends have, that way you have more friends to play with and can lend each other games etc.

I'm a Sony fanboy so i have Ps4, kinda sucks cuz everyone I know has Xbox so i never have anyone to play with or trade games with

I've had both and you can't go wrong. The Show is only on PS4 and that's way better than the 2K baseball game IMO. I still have my One and love the interface and all that. Graphics looked almost identical to me, my PS4 controller messed up and i still haven't had any issues with my One controller. That's probably pretty random tho.

Do not get NBA Live! You will hate yourself!

My Xbox One has moved in front of my PS4 on my list due to the Windows 10 streaming feature :) (it's better than my Vita/VitaTV streaming my PS4)

Streaming games to my windows tablet in bed is awesome!

get the EA SPORTS pass on whatever system

actually its only on Xbox

I don't think the system itself will make a big difference in sports games, so the best advice would probably be to get whichever one your friends are playing on for that.

Back