Finally Done with 1000 Piece Puzzle

I have no concept of how long completing a puzzle takes, and don't really understand how many pieces constitutes a large puzzle. My wife suggested I get my mom one for her birthday with pictures of the family, so like an asshole I got her a 2000 piece one.

Last edited:
I have no concept of how long completing a puzzle takes, and don't really understand how many pieces constitutes a large puzzle. My wife suggested I get my mom one for her birthday with pictures of the family, so like an asshole I got her a 2000 piece one.

You know she's not going to put your face in the puzzle when she does it, right?

We do a puzzle every few months in our house.

Last one we did was back in August before my older son headed off to college. It was a 2500-piece puzzle of the Grand Canyon.

Took us three weeks to finish and was fucking brutal.

Got a puzzle for a friend who has kids. It looked really cool to me, it's of ocean fish and it's got like a frame kinda thingy so when you're done you can hang it on a wall. Thought he & his kids would be really excited, they enjoy going on vacations in Hawaii & snorkeling. Asked him about it a few weeks ago & he said they are 'hoping' to do it next year. Now I feel like stealing it from his house. Logic tells me that's a bad idea. So I may just buy the puzzle for myself.

Got a puzzle for a friend who has kids. It looked really cool to me, it's of ocean fish and it's got like a frame kinda thingy so when you're done you can hang it on a wall. Thought he & his kids would be really excited, they enjoy going on vacations in Hawaii & snorkeling. Asked him about it a few weeks ago & he said they are 'hoping' to do it next year. Now I feel like stealing it from his house. Logic tells me that's a bad idea. So I may just buy the puzzle for myself.
Buy him a puzzle that is just a picture of an asshole.

It took me about 5 days with about 2-3 hrs a day. No reason to do it and gonna break it up tomorrow and put it back it the box but I Did it.

mBJzlqX.jpeg

Haven't done a puzzle it so many yrs but this one felt easy. Every little box was just a box. So I made a system to do each flavor one and a time and it is went smooth.
You need to get a nice puzzle board.

I would buy you one but then my wife would call me gay.

It took me about 5 days with about 2-3 hrs a day. No reason to do it and gonna break it up tomorrow and put it back it the box but I Did it.

mBJzlqX.jpeg

Haven't done a puzzle it so many yrs but this one felt easy. Every little box was just a box. So I made a system to do each flavor one and a time and it is went smooth.

"Shway"

hqdefault.jpg

When COVID first hit & everyone was forced to stay home, we did a few of the Ravensburger Disney puzzles. We've got them all now, with 5 or 6 being completed. Once they're all finished we plan on mounting & hanging them in my wife's office.

I'll probably get a couple done in November when I'm recovering from my surgery.

If anyone knows of a good quality puzzle table/board, PM me, as my wife wants one for Christmas. Ideally one that can be easily packed up so the young ones don't destroy the puzzle.

Try a 1000 piece that is all one color.

Try a 1000 piece that is all one color.
not quite 1000 pcs but my psycho eldest daughter thought it would be funny to buy this one for me after that fucking piece of shit elephant puzzle.

as you can see, i still haven't taken it out of the box
Screenshot_20211019-130634_Gallery.jpg

Damn, that's a lot of free time.

Meanwhile I strugle with 100 piece puzzles meant for elementary school children, do the sides and corners and give up,lol
As long as you're not in construcrion, we should be fine.

You should frame it bro!

Start at 1:40.
How do you timestamp yt vids now?

Reactions: Gio
Back