Finally...benny!!

Howard Jackson was incredible but he had bad luck with a freak
knee injury, and more recently, with cancer.

This is true, Jackson was good and gave Benny some trouble. Okau was no slouch himself. When Benny fought him he was coming out of retirement to avenge the loss of Suzuki (wish there were more stories like this in Pro Fighting), so he was kind of beyond his best when he fought, and you saw he both knocked Benny down (first man to put him off his feet) and tossed him around the ring. The only thing that saved Benny in that fight was conditioning and reckless abandon.

In fact, none of the guys Benny beat that I've seen were scrubs. He has a lot of knockouts on his record, but the thing to remember about that era is MOST kickboxing matches ended in knockout because they still went 10-15 rounds just like Boxing matches. Eventually one fighter would gas and that'd be it. There was no real shame in losing by KO back then. Today there still really isn't, even the K-1 which are WAY shorter matches, everyone has basically been tooled once or twice.

good highlight, i have always wanted to see a Maurice Smith highlight, but i guess footage of his kickboxing is hard to find

Very nice HLs. I hadn't seen much of neither Benny nor Foreman. Always nice with some older footage too. Back to the roots :)

Then you'll LOVE the next one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back