Finally... a son that "Asian Dad" can be proud of

I've worked with a few I suspect were forced by their parents. It's never pretty for anyone involved.
One of my friends was 100% forced by his family. He has no interest in medicine or interacting with the public. He did pretty well (always outscored ~70-80% of other doctors) and is probably a pretty competent guy. He works about 20 hours a week now and plays video games probably 40 hours. Nice lifestyle for him.

One of my friends was 100% forced by his family. He has no interest in medicine or interacting with the public. He did pretty well (always outscored ~70-80% of other doctors) and is probably a pretty competent guy. He works about 20 hours a week now and plays video games probably 40 hours. Nice lifestyle for him.
Damn that's gotta be sweet. The ones I've seen throw fits of rage from having to answer stupid questions and requests from patients were American, one from Chinese and the other from Indian background. I remember sitting next to one doing my charting and she was literally muttering "why is everyone septic in this fucking town? You fuckers need to shower".

Damn that's gotta be sweet. The ones I've seen throw fits of rage from having to answer stupid questions and requests from patients were American, one from Chinese and the other from Indian background. I remember sitting next to one doing my charting and she was literally muttering "why is everyone septic in this fucking town? You fuckers need to shower".

He’s pretty awkward and might be on the spectrum. He does 2 ten hour shifts in this underserved clinic in the desert in SoCal. Very low expectations/stress. Makes about $150k and spends very little. He lives in a small studio for almost nothing and mostly just eats fast food or frozen pizzas. Never leaves his place. He plays video games the rest of his time. Only has online friends. He actually probably spends more than 40 hours gaming each week. Pretty good lifestyle for him I guess.

Back