FINAL vote & opinnion, BEST BJJ SCHOOL IN NEW YORK NYC

There used to be threads about Southern Cal BJJ schools like this.

With any of those NY schools that have been mentioned, I'm sure you can't go wrong. All those instructors have world class credentials and all of them have very good students.

My advice: They all have their schedules and locations on the web. See what works for you. Go to the nearest school with a schedule that works for you. Take the free class. If you like it, sign up and keep training. You don't need to try every school or hear good/bad things about every school. Just dive in.
Some guys are patriotic and tell you their place is the best. Nothing wrong with that.
Any school with a black belt instructor is usually fine. And with world class black belt instructors like the ones mentioned in this thread, it can be assumed that all those schools are excellent.

I have a couple friends who have moved around a lot over the past few years and have trained at several different places. They loved every place they trained at. That's the way it works. Probably because they love training BJJ.

No insult to anyone intended, but for some relative beginner to decide that based on MG's or Renzo's strategy in an AD match, that he doesn't think they are the right teacher for him, is absolutely retarded. I am positive that they are expert on teaching and doing every position and technique.

How come alliance just don't get a bigger space? I'd imagine it's a big factor in someone's decision for a bjj school once they see it.

when they moved from a long time ago it was supposed to be studio X and however people want to argue it, it seems that Josh and some silent partner cut fabio out, then fabio needed a new location so he got that.
I do not think it was some planned out move but just making the best out of a shit situation.

i trained at Shaolins as a white belt. it wasnt a great experience, although he is a sweetheart and gentleman. Loro and Danillo were there to help him at that time and they are really nice guys especially Danillo. It was basically on organized fight club with little to no emphasis on technique at all. Shaolin shows a move then the blue and purple belts attempt to do it in paris and the white belts basically have a fight club until he comes over and shows you the move then after he walks away its a fight club again. I really like the guy and i feel bad for even writing this, the higher belts got great instruction as Shaolin's students always place very well in competitions. People are very cool there, just not a good beginners school. Sorry for the long write up and I hope i dont offend Shaolin or the students by saying this.

pics or GTFO.

I trained at vitors once a few years ago.

it seemed that he worked on techs and built upon them on the next class.

it seemed like people who missed the last class maybe drilled 3 techs instead of 4 to prevent info overload.

he was watching people role and hand out pointers.

I would not say the quality of his instruction was any less than any other instructors I trained under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back