Final thoughts before perchasing

Yahia Muhammad

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm finally going to order two gloves
1- Cleto Reyes for Bag and pad work not sure here should I buy (14 or 16) I'm a heavyweight and my hands are medium size but quite thick

2- I need to buy another pair for non bag work I have many choices here Twins, or Everlast Protex 3 or Powerlocks, Casanova, Rival RS2V i need help choosing here

most of the work will be pads and bag with eventual Sparring so the second bag will be put in rotation

or I can ditch all that for a single pair of winning gloves

I'm finally going to order two gloves
1- Cleto Reyes for Bag and pad work not sure here should I buy (14 or 16) I'm a heavyweight and my hands are medium size but quite thick

2- I need to buy another pair for non bag work I have many choices here Twins, or Everlast Protex 3 or Powerlocks, Casanova, Rival RS2V i need help choosing here

most of the work will be pads and bag with eventual Sparring so the second bag will be put in rotation

or I can ditch all that for a single pair of winning gloves

Buy some standard color Winning gloves for sparring and buy some cheaper TITLE gloves for bag and pad work. I think RIVAL bag gloves are on sale for like $80.

<Fedor23> .

Buy some standard color Winning gloves for sparring and buy some cheaper TITLE gloves for bag and pad work. I think RIVAL bag gloves are on sale for like $80.

<Fedor23> .

I will not do much sparring so the Winning will not be that useful

Bag - 16oz Reyes

Sparring - RIval RS2V 16oz.

I will not do much sparring so the Winning will not be that useful

Then try the Ring to Cage c17 as a all around glove. Should last you at least a year. Padding is a little more dense than real Winnings IMO. At least at first.

twins 12 oz for bag and pads
rival rs2/winning 18 oz for sparring

You training boxing?
If so fairtex bgv9 cheap as chips direct from Thailand and great bag glove

the Winning can't be used for Bag work?

Yes. Winning can be used for bag work but bag work wears gloves out faster. So as long as you are alright with that concept, WInning makes the best training gloves for bag, sparring or otherwise. IMO.

Can second Fairtex BGV9 one of the best boxing gloves around at the mid-high tier.

1. Winning - Professional grade keeps your hands protected and is second to none in that regard.
2. Cleto - Professional grade, quite hard offers slightly less protection than Winning because they are punchers gloves. But they offer adequate protection and good longevity.
3. Fairtex - Amateur-low level professional - Great protection for bag and pad work, great longevity however unsuitable for sparring.

Just to add to my previous reply.

I am currently using Fairtex BGV9 14oz for bag and pads have been for a while now and love them. Thanks to @Woldog for recommending them to be honest couldn't be happier with the choice.

For sparing / and occasional pads (between sparing rounds) I am using Cleto 16oz again really pleased with these amazing quality and fit but obv a lot more expensive than the Fairtex direct from Thailand. Only used these a few times so cant comment on the durability.

I weigh about 198lb so u know

throwing my vote in there for the Winning gloves! Just pick up something really cheap for bagwork <Y2JSmirk>

throwing my vote in there for the Winning gloves! Just pick up something really cheap for bagwork <Y2JSmirk>
...unless you want to protect your hands while doing bagwork, in which case pick up some good quality bag gloves.

I have a recurring wrist injury bag mitts are not good for me
This is unfortunate.

If it is not a chronic pain, best way to prevent wrist injury is to strengthen the wrist and forearm. One good way to strengthen wrists is through use of bag mitts (leads to proper punching technique). But if it is a deeper/permanent wrist issue then foregoing the bag mitts may be wise.

Best of luck.

Someone reccomended me to get winning gel inserts to put in old gloves and its great, especially the in bag mitts.

Of course always wrap your hands when you hit the bag - mitts and gloves.

I have winning knukcle guards they are good
but i usually wrap a medical elastic wrap on the wrist and knuckles under my Mexican 180" hand wraps for more wrist support It's great but gets my hands hot

images

These gloves have the best wrist support in the market.

Back