Final picks for UFC 166

JohnnyShotgun

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
428609.png

Sticking to my pattern of making one or two 'unorthodox/crazy' upset picks, I've picked both Diego Sanchez and Darrell Montague to get the win. I guess CB Dollaway is an odd pick as well.

Cain
DC
Melendez
Jordan
Dodson
Boetsch
Lombard
Kauffman
Noons
Waldberger
Ferguson
Fili
Horiguchi

Going tomorrow and I can't wait. Hopefully it can top 136 which was also in Houston

Cain
Cormier
Gil
Jordan
Dodson
Boestch
Lombard
Eye
Noons
Amagov
Ferguson
Larsen
Pague

Cain
DC
Melendez
Jordan
Dodson
Boetsch
Lombard
Kauffman
Noons
Waldberger
Ferguson
Fili
Horiguchi

Going tomorrow and I can't wait. Hopefully it can top 136 which was also in Houston

136 was a fantastic card for me in particular (huge J-Lau fan). Chances are tomorrow will be just as good, if not better; tons of fights with FOTN potential. What are your picks for the OTN awards?

Cain
Cormier
Gil
Jordan
Dodson
Boestch
Lombard
Eye
Noons
Amagov
Ferguson
Larsen
Pague

Finally someone else picks Eye! and you have an odd pick of your own in choosing Larsen over 'Touchy' Fili; how do you think he wins?

136 was a fantastic card for me in particular (huge J-Lau fan). Chances are tomorrow will be just as good, if not better; tons of fights with FOTN potential. What are your picks for the OTN awards?

The Lauzon win was awesome and Edgar knocking out Maynard.

Fight of the Fight: Gil/Diego
KOTN: Lombard
SOTN: Waldburger

Cain
DC
Gil
Gonzaga
Dodson
Boetch
Lombard

Same picks as me. However, seeing Lombard's face at the weigh-in makes me think that if he does not finish this fight in Round 1, that in a three round affair, Nate might beat him. Lombard should not be fighting at 170 ever again, because i could not even recognize the guy's face at the weigh-in. Win or lose, hopefully he goes back to 185 for his own sake.

The Lauzon win was awesome and Edgar knocking out Maynard.

Fight of the Fight: Gil/Diego
KOTN: Lombard
SOTN: Waldburger

Never in a million years could I have predicted Edgar glassing Maynard.

FOTN: Melendez/Sanchez
KOTN: KJ Noons
SOTN: Jessica Eye

BS split decision

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of Fili, but I've seen Larsen get wrecked by Joe Proctor and Lucas Martins; that along with Bang Ludwig's influennce on Team Alpha Male is enough for me to say Fili gets the win.

428609.png

Sticking to my pattern of making one or two 'unorthodox/crazy' upset picks, I've picked both Diego Sanchez and Darrell Montague to get the win. I guess CB Dollaway is an odd pick as well.

This but I have roy with a lucky punch ko !!! Crossing my fingers

jds rnd 2 ko/tko
nelson rnd 2 ko/tko
sanchez dec
jordan rnd 1 ko
doson dec
boestch rnd 1 ko
lombard rnd 1 ko

418344.png

I think there's going to be many many decisions on the card.

Cain
DC
Gil
Gonzaga
Dodson
Boetch
Lombard

Don't give a fuck about the rest of the card and I'll be happy either way in the Lombard fight, Nate's the man too.

I'm torn on Kaufman and Eye. After the weigh-in, where Eye looked an inch or two taller than Kaufman and not a small, underweight natural flyweight, coupled with the fact that kaufman has looked really crappy in her last few fights, now I'm really unsure about my pick of Kaufman. Help! hehe

I'm also a bit torn on Marquardt and Lombard, but for quite a while now i've just had a feeling that Marquardt will win this. My mind tells me there's a reasonable chance Lombard will get an early TKO, but my gut says no. Who is less reliable than Lombard? How will the cut to WW affect him? Marquardt looked a lot bigger than Lombard at the weigh-in, and they're both around the same age. I've had a feelingi Lombard was gonna lose this (likely by decision) for a while now.

But Kaufman-Eye is driving me nuts. Seems 89% of people on here are going with Kaufman, which frankly i find surprising. Why is she such a big favorite? No ground game, lost to Ronda in like 45 seconds, won close, debatable decisions in her last 2 wins (I thought she lost her last fight).

Back