PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

I’ve been hearing these rumors too. Supposedly tomorrow is the day these impressions drop. I’m nervous because I hope not too much is spoiled, I don’t have the will power not to look. It’s my most anticipated release this year and I’ve had it in preorder since they revealed the date. I just hope they show some random enemy encounters on the field and absolute nothing story related.

There's going to be a live panel at PAX East that will also be livestreamed on March 25th with Yoshi P and Michael-Christopher Koji-Fox (FF14 + FF16 Senior Translator and Co World / Lore Developer)

Skillup dropped a tweet about 7 our 8 hours ago saying a big video is dropping on his channel in 12 hours. That's about 4 hours from now so expect some big news around 9:00 AM EST. It will be interesting to see whether we get new footage or just old footage with people talking about their impressions. We got something similar from RE4 Remake several months ago. Easy Allies were invited to play it and they just basically talked to the audience about what they did in the game without any game footage.

watch

Side Content info from Gematsu

However, if you remember from the presentation, we talked about Cid, and Cid has this organization. Their headquarters is this place called the Hideaway. And once Clive meets up with Cid and is able to join that organization, then you have this kind of hub from where all this side content that's separate from the main story starts. And so we have things like quests where you can learn about the people in the Hideaway, or quests where you can learn about the people in the world… quests where you can help upgrade Clive, like earning more inventory slots and things like that. There are other type of activities as well, such as the Hunt Board, where you will see the billets. It'll talk about a notorious monster roaming the land, and your task is to try to find and defeat this monster for fame.

Also i love this

image.png

Last edited:
Look at Torgal go! Man I need this game right now. That spin move! That attack was brutal. 7:48

If anyone doesn't want to bother watching a bunch of videos here is all the gameplay released in order of how the story plays out.

Last edited:
I got a chuckle out of the NG+ Difficulty being called "Final Fantasy"

More info in April all being well

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, I didn't realize how insane the FF community is. On Twitter and Reddit some people are losing their minds over the decisions behind the gameplay. Personally I find it to be a natural progression of the series, it always felt like the game was getting closer to being an action title beginning with the introduction of ATB and then even more so with games like FF13 and FF15 making it feel more actiony with combos and stuff.

I've been a fan of this series since 7 on the OG PlayStation and I just think the whole community is overacting. One of the main reasons this franchise has survived so long is because every game has been radically different from the last and that has prevented people from burning out on it.

I hope the game does really well in sales. I like this direction they are going in. I don't mind them mixing it up again in 17 and going back to a more traditional style but coming from someone who loves action games and kaiju movies this is like the perfect game for me.

Guess I'll be getting a PS5. Was trying to decide between a Switch or PS5, FF16 seems like the clincher.

I think its a good choice. Stellar Blade and Spiderman 2 are two more exclusive action titles coming to PS5 this year.

Jesus Christ, I didn't realize how insane the FF community is. On Twitter and Reddit some people are losing their minds over the decisions behind the gameplay. Personally I find it to be a natural progression of the series, it always felt like the game was getting closer to being an action title beginning with the introduction of ATB and then even more so with games like FF13 and FF15 making it feel more actiony with combos and stuff.

I've been a fan of this series since 7 on the OG PlayStation and I just think the whole community is overacting. One of the main reasons this franchise has survived so long is because every game has been radically different from the last and that has prevented people from burning out on it.

I hope the game does really well in sales. I like this direction they are going in. I don't mind them mixing it up again in 17 and going back to a more traditional style but coming from someone who loves action games and kaiju movies this is like the perfect game for me.

I really liked 13's battle system. It gets better in 13-2.

Back