Final answer, PEDS do they give you heart or not...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Many on here say that roids don’t make a champ but science had proven it does effect emotions also and gives the user a sense of invincibility! I’m not an expert on this particular area but I knew guys that were chicken before taking roids and they became hotheaded and ready to fight afterwards!

Bottom line, we know PEDS give a physical edge, but my question is do u think PEDS give the user an emotional edge also or not?

Please refer to Bob Sapp about whether PED gives you heart
1.gif

No idea if he was on them, but even if he was, PEDs had nothing to do with Ferguson getting his brain beat in by Gaethje until he started doing the stinky leg robot to stay awake.

It can give you confidence going into a fight, for sure.

But digging deep and rising to the occasion when you are completely exhausted, feel like you're dying, have had your brain scrambled etc...cant give you that

Dude, I feel invincible when I take fucking pre workouts. I can't even imagine how you feel from high levels of testosterone or anabolics

So many fighters have lost and popped for PEDs. Historically, the number is higher than fighters who have won and pissed hot. Unfortunately, not pissing hot isn't indicative of PED usage, so you can't really say based on passed or failed tests. If you're using passed/failed tests as the sole determining factor in whether or not a fighter has used PEDs, then the answer (in my opinion) would be no. It may actually give them an emotional detriment, as they're tricked into thinking they can't lose because they're on the sauce, then they get KTFO'd.

Look it up. More fighters caught using PEDs (after a fight has concluded) have lost than won.

So many fighters have lost and popped for PEDs. Historically, the number is higher than fighters who have won and pissed hot. Unfortunately, not pissing hot isn't indicative of PED usage, so you can't really say based on passed or failed tests. If you're using passed/failed tests as the sole determining factor in whether or not a fighter has used PEDs, then the answer (in my opinion) would be no. It may actually give them an emotional detriment, as they're tricked into thinking they can't lose because they're on the sauce, then they get KTFO'd.

Look it up. More fighters caught using PEDs (after a fight has concluded) have lost than won.

I can agree. Confidence doesn't equate to victory but the boys of the Pride era sure did a good job of racking up wins and we know all those pioneers had a lot of help. A lot of help.

I can agree. Confidence doesn't equate to victory but the boys of the Pride era sure did a good job of racking up wins and we know all those pioneers had a lot of help. A lot of help.

Favorable matchups against unranked and undeserving fighters are included in that "help" in my opinion. The best benefit of PEDs, steroids in particular, is the enhanced recovery. It should be standardized and universally used to help fighters recover and avoid injuries. They don't make you a better fighter, but they do allow you to train more frequently, which will eventually (in most cases) make you a better fighter. Don't we want better fighters, less injuries, and more exciting fights anyway? Yes, I'm aware that there are plenty of PEDs that aren't for recovery, but strictly for performance. Most of those shouldn't be allowed.

Many on here say that roids don’t make a champ but science had proven it does effect emotions also and gives the user a sense of invincibility! I’m not an expert on this particular area but I knew guys that were chicken before taking roids and they became hotheaded and ready to fight afterwards!

Bottom line, we know PEDS give a physical edge, but my question is do u think PEDS give the user an emotional edge also or not?

You're not an expert in any area. Likely why your threads suck big balls.

Yeah the UFC boys of the same era were way cleaner.

Back