Films that are dumb, have lots of problems, but you like em anyways

The Lost World

Gymnastics girl killing a raptor was really silly along with some other weird parts. But man I still love that movie so much. It has two tyrannosaurs, what more can you ask for from a film?

Anaconda is another one. Pretty cheesy but not enough to kill my investment in the movie since I love creature features. Plus it has J-Lo and Kari Wuhrer in it so the sexiness levels make up for the cheese.

the computer virus in ID was humorous
Yah. Alien systems use code written in English...

Although it makes sense that they can utilize the satellites to send it... the rest of it ya better not overthink.
Or think at all.

Megaforce from the 80's is silly as hell, but I still love it. It's campy, cheesy, and fun.

The Lost World

Gymnastics girl killing a raptor was really silly along with some other weird parts. But man I still love that movie so much. It has two tyrannosaurs, what more can you ask for from a film?

Anaconda is another one. Pretty cheesy but not enough to kill my investment in the movie since I love creature features. Plus it has J-Lo and Kari Wuhrer in it so the sexiness levels make up for the cheese.
funny-animated-gifs-best-gifs-jon-voight-anaconda-creepy-face.gif

My head is spinning from all these Morgan Freeman pictures.

But my contribution to the thread is Highlander. It's basically fucking retarded but the theme is good enough to make it interesting.

I love sci fi and so many flicks are flawed and have holes but I still love them:

Pandorum
Millennium
Invaders From Mars
The Arrival (Charlie Sheen one)
Starship Troopers

Wasn't that the first role ... the dude with the lazy eye. What's his name Amin guy

ETA Forrest Whittagump
I don't know what his first role was, but he was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High way before that.

I've been watching the Chips movie on cable lately. It's stupid, but it amuses me for some reason. I also like Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. It's kind of corny, but Don Johnson and Mickey Rourke make it work.

The Quest
Solomon Kane
King Kong (Peter Jackson one)

515Y886RQYL.jpg

Fuck off. I love this movie.

I don't know what his first role was, but he was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High way before that.

I've been watching the Chips movie on cable lately. It's stupid, but it amuses me for some reason. I also like Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. It's kind of corny, but Don Johnson and Mickey Rourke make it work.

The song from the ending is in regular rotation in my head when I ride

being a fan of history, i usually hate moved "based on a true story." Tombstone has so, so many historical inaccuracies, but it is still one of my absolutel favorite movies. of course, as i already said in this thread, an inaccurate portrayal of real events has nothing to do with the movie itself. still, it was playing very loosely with real events

Pee Wee’s big adventure.

Like.. if you were looking for your bike and gonna take a fortune teller’s word that it’s in the basement of the Alamo... who wouldn’t just call the Alamo to have someone check it out? Or at least call and see if the Alamo even had a fucking basement!?!?!?

So motherfuckin frustrating. And Large Marge.. WTF was she even about?!?
Showed my sons this a few weeks ago, and they loved it. Still makes me laugh, and I still love it, despite its flaws.

'Taken'

The most far fetched movie I've probably ever seen
But I can watch it over and over with no beef

lol came in to say independence day

It is so cliche and silly and a rip off of old sci fi movies in many regards

but god damn is it glorious and i adore it and watch it every time its on tv. I have seen Independence day more than any other movie.

I loved the sequel to death too. I nearly lost my shit when i thought they killed the old Jewish dad

should have brought back the raspy voice gay guy somehow too

I will also add highlander

Its been a highly spotty franchise in general but the concept of it all was so brilliant it made up for the back flips in the parking lot and the general cheese. To me it really reflected well on life in regards to the highs and lows we experience and was magnified by the idea of living potentially forever. As i noted before it dealt with immortality in a very realistic way as it showed how much tragedy one would experience if we could live that long.

Back