Films / Series You'd Like to See Made

A

AronaBeatsJones

I have a strange fascination with things that were supposed to happen, but never did. And in particular, I became very intrigued in Stanley Kubrick's movies that he planned on filming at some point, but never got around to it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick's_unrealized_projects

So I'm curious to know for the film aficionados here what movies / series have you anticipated which were either close or never came to fruition, and you'd like to see be made?

I'll start with three:

KUBRICK'S NAPOLEON

So long as that awful Anne Hathaway doesn't play the role of Audrey Hepburn's Josephine, an HBO miniseries overseen by Spielberg would be about as close of Kubrick's NAPOLEON as we'll ever see.

---

devilin.jpg

THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY

Apparently, this is the next film for DiCaprio-Scorsese. I read this book last year, and it is EXCELLENT.

It's a story that alternates between the building of the 1893 Chicago's World Fair (which had numerous historic events, IE: the display of Tesla's alternating current lighting up the Columbian Exposition, the invention of the Ferris Wheel to beat Paris' Eiffel Tower, Buffalo Bill getting booted from the Exposition and opening his own show next door, the assassination of Chicago's mayor, etc), and the story of H. H. Holmes, who at the time the Fair was being built, was building his own "castle" a few blocks down and was kidnapping/killing women in his secret lair (... true story).

Amazing read, but would've been better as an HBO miniseries than a film, IMO.

---

could-an-expendables-type-horror-movie-crossover-be-happening-this-guy-says-it-will-308835.jpg

UNTITLED HORROR CROSSOVER

Although the original attempt with this with FREDDY VS. JASON ended up being a dud, we're in the age of crossovers and shared universes (with a related Universal Monsters crossover in the works), and I think it would be very remiss if Dimension and New Line didn't come together to produce the long-awaited Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees film.

I would expect this to contain Freddy Krueger in some capacity (since Krueger is also a New Line property, IIRC), but even if they can't secure Pinhead, Chucky, Leatherface, and the other iconic slashers from the '70s / '80s (actually, I think that might be all of them), then Myers-Voorhees would be enough on the minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
images

I would totally geek out on Anomander Rake's 1st appearance. FCUKKK!!! This series needs to be done!! It probably needs 20-25 core actors alone.

Cyberpunk bro. It's about time we moved on from Johnny Mnemonic (Although I love that flick)

51yiILQe7kL.jpg

Neuromancer_Brazilian_cover.jpg

444b5a30-7e27-45e2-997c-287e5c7f3a02.jpg

The only one off the top of my head is the film Tarantino was supposed to do about Vic and Vincent Vega, brothers of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction fame. The media kept it alive for awhile, even announcing at one point it was going to happen, and then it never did. I'd still check it out if it happened, but seems kind of late now.

Even though they've made 3 Punisher films, they can never seem to get it right. I now have hope that The Punisher series on Netflix will get it right after the awesome and promising display during Daredevil season 2.

It would have been cool if Alejandro Jodorowsky actually got around to finish making Dune.

jodorowsky-dune-banner-e1392402337448.png

There is a few fantasy book series I would love to see made into a GOT type show like The wheel of time, the Serpentwar saga or anything from David gemmell.

There is a few fantasy book series I would love to see made into a GOT type show like The wheel of time, the Serpentwar saga or anything from David gemmell.
I would love to see a Movie of...
258872.jpg

I would love to see a Movie of...
258872.jpg
Yeah Morningstar is a Short contained story pefect for film.
I would also love to see the Rigante books turned into a series but you would need a large budget.

New Spawn movie and Universal Soldier reboot

Fast and furious reboot
Saw reboot
Scream reboot
Pirates of Caribbean reboot
Harry Potter reboot
Hunger games reboot
Hangover reboot

Am I doing this right???

Fast and furious reboot
Saw reboot
Scream reboot
Pirates of Caribbean reboot
Harry Potter reboot
Hunger games reboot
Hangover reboot

Am I doing this right???

Kind of but you need more beloved movies. Maybe even some sitcoms

Seinfeld reboot
Married with children
office
70s show

Movies
Notebook
Field of dreams
Tombstone
Forest Gump
Half baked
Friday
Scar face

You know what's sad about this list? I literally had to think hard on the movies they haven't rebooted

I want to see a them make a movie, kind of like Falling Down, but for the modern day.

The film would be about a white protagonist who has to navigate his way home from his union office job, through the gauntlet of minorities and poor people that separate his office from his suburban dwelling. He would endure many hardships and challenges on his way home, like having to walk past a picket line without telling the strikers how unions are for commies, and are ruining American business. Maybe he would even have to stand in line at the ATM with a tranny and not know whether to call it him or her. The breaking point would come when he gets up to the ATM, inserts his card, and it prompts him to hit one button for English, or another for Espanol.
The world as he knew it crashing down around him, he finally decides to take a stand. He goes into a liquor store where the employees are speaking "Vietcong" with each other, and sternly reminds them that this is America, and if they don't want to learn English, they can just get the fuck out. Then he pulls his gun, which he always carries because he'll be damned if the government is going to violate his second amendment rights. The rest of the movie is just him trekking through the city setting other minorities straight, telling blacks to stop whining, that slavery ended 200 years ago, and if they have it harder than he did, it's their own fault. That's the movie I want to see.

Kind of but you need more beloved movies. Maybe even some sitcoms

Seinfeld reboot
Married with children
office
70s show

Movies
Notebook
Field of dreams
Tombstone
Forest Gump
Half baked
Friday
Scar face

You know what's sad about this list? I literally had to think hard on the movies they haven't rebooted
Lol, yep that's Hollywood. Lazy and stupid idiots that run that shithole. Every movie now gets a sequel or reboot within 2 yrs of release.

Back