Filling a muay thai heavy bag

cloth rags and leather scraps are a perfect combo

Cloth rags and leather scraps may be a perfect combo, but it takes a lot of work to cut up 100lbs of clothing, and then stuff it in correctly and evenly. I'm thinking all told it will take upwards of 10 tedious hours to do the job correctly.

If I could go to the feed store and buy ~$15 worth of feed and be done filling in 10 minutes...that's pretty damn tempting.

cloth rags and leather scraps are a perfect combo

Cloth rags and leather scraps may be a perfect combo, but it takes a lot of work to cut up 100lbs of clothing, and then stuff it in correctly and evenly. I'm thinking all told it will take upwards of 10 tedious hours to do the job correctly.

If I could go to the feed store and buy ~$15 worth of feed, pour it into the bag, and be done filling in under 10 minutes...that's pretty damn tempting if the end result is comparable.

I wouldn't put anything organic in the bag. You can get rubber shavings at a landscaping shop.

I wouldn't put anything organic in the bag. You can get rubber shavings at a landscaping shop.

Have you used rubber shavings/mulch in a heavy bag?

How does it compare to textiles in terms of (a) feel/firmness, and (b) overall filled weight?

If I could go to the feed store and buy ~$15 worth of feed and be done filling in 10 minutes...that's pretty damn tempting.
Thats 10 hours. Not that bad lol.

Get a sledge hammer and get to work. Sand bags settle and become pillows up top and stone on the bottom.

Back