Figueroa vs Escandon & Joe Joyce vs. Iago Kiladze plus Ajagba. SUNDAY Sept.30th PBC FS1(4:30pm PT)

More interested in the Joyce fight but I don't know his opponent. He just got knocked out in his last two bouts in rounds 5 & 6 so I'd expect that he's likely to get KO'd by Joyce.

ortiz-molina%20(1).jpg

these 3 look like they are at someone's work retirement party.

If both wanna keep on keeping on, this is a good fight for them. However, the only thing either should be headlining is their retirement parties.

It is crazy that people have been saying Ortiz is "done" since even the Maidana fight back in 2009. Certainly they said he was done after Lopez and Collazo, which were also 5 years ago. Especially after the second Berto fight 2 years ago.

It’s crazy that he kept getting fights after that. But every once in awhile he’s in a really exciting fight. Berto/Ortiz 1 was a treat. Ortiz’s antics should have had him blacklisted awhile ago, but I think he has just enough pull being someone people despise that he’s worth putting on TV so people tune in to watch him lose.

Personally I’m not interested anymore. He got a lot of chances and waffled them all away. Go become a boxercise trainer and make room for other fighters on TV, you wiener.

More interested in the Joyce fight but I don't know his opponent. He just got knocked out in his last two bouts in rounds 5 & 6 so I'd expect that he's likely to get KO'd by Joyce.

Yeah I’m generally intrigued by Joyce. I thought he got robbed of the gold at the Olympics, but just didn’t think he had the power or style to succeed in the pro ranks. He may not still but he’s fought decent fighters (relative to his time as a pro), and he looks far better than I thought he would. Interested to see who they are lining up for him at the end of the year.

Yeah I’m generally intrigued by Joyce. I thought he got robbed of the gold at the Olympics, but just didn’t think he had the power or style to succeed in the pro ranks. He may not still but he’s fought decent fighters (relative to his time as a pro), and he looks far better than I thought he would. Interested to see who they are lining up for him at the end of the year.
Yeah I wasn't convinced he'd make it in the pro ranks because of his apparent lack of power in the amateurs but it looks like he is sitting down on his shots now and learning how to throw with more power. IT could just be he's been given opposition that crumble when he hits them but I don't think so, he genuinely looks like he is hitting harder. If that's the case he could be a force at HW despite his clunky technical abilities or lack of them, because a high output like he has plus a decent chin (so far) AND some decent power would make him a good prospect. Yes, it will be interesting to see who they match him up with in the future. It seems they are looking to move him along at an accelerated pace because of his age. Some good matches await him.

Ajagba's promoter, Ringstar Sports CEO Richard Schaefer, is not buying his excuse and says Harper agreed to the money long before the contest took place.

“[Money is] the only reason [he took the fight]. He had agreed to the contract,” Schaefer said to the LA Times.

“There’s absolutely zero doubt that he saw Efe and probably sh*t his pants. Is he going to tell the reporter he was scared? No, he knew how much he was going to get paid. He had signed the contract. We had a fight, but then the guy … leaves. This was like the ‘Fear Factor.’ ”

Schaefer explained that Ajagba was very upset with the outcome, because he trained hard for the fight.

Because no punches were even thrown, his next fight is already being positioned for the upcoming PBC on FS1 card on September 30 at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California - which is headlined by a welterweight bout between Victor Ortiz and John Molina.

I’m happy Ajagba is getting right back in there, and putting the Harper circus behind him.

Well, this turned into a shit event.

Anyone know which fights are going to be shown on FS1 (outside of the main event obviously)? I'm assuming Joe Joyce's fight will be televised?

Anyone know which fights are going to be shown on FS1 (outside of the main event obviously)? I'm assuming Joe Joyce's fight will be televised?

Premier Boxing Champions action will begin with Prelims live on FS1 and FOX Deportes this Sunday, September 30 as undefeated prospects look to show off their skills in exciting matchups beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT from Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California.

The lineup of fights leading up to the main card, also on FS1 and FOX Deportes, will see Jesse Rodriguez take on Edwin Reyes in an eight-round flyweight showdown while Arnold Alejandro battles Francisco Camacho in a six-round featherweight attraction. Prelims also features Kody Davies squaring-off against Quinton Rankin in eight rounds of light heavyweight action and the pro debut of amateur standout Omar Juarez as he faces Matt Gaver in a four-round super lightweight contest.

The event is headlined by unbeaten featherweight contender Brandon Figueroa battling rugged veteran Oscar Escandon plus 2016 Olympic silver medalist Joe Joyce facing Iago Kiladze in a heavyweight attraction. Coverage begins at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT and includes a trio of rising prospects in separate showdowns as Nigerian Olympian Efe Ajagba steps in for a heavyweight bout, sensational prospect Joey Spencer competes in a super welterweight match and Stephen Fulton looks to remain unbeaten in a featherweight fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/premier-boxing-champions-prelim-information-sept-30--132259

Looks like 7-8 fights there

Back