Figueroa vs Escandon & Joe Joyce vs. Iago Kiladze plus Ajagba. SUNDAY Sept.30th PBC FS1(4:30pm PT)

https://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-vs-john-molina-finalized-september-30-pbc-on-fs1--131168

Vicious'' Victor Ortiz meets hard-hitting former title challenger John Molina Jr. on Sunday, September 30 in the 12-round main event of Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes live from Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California.

If both wanna keep on keeping on, this is a good fight for them. However, the only thing either should be headlining is their retirement parties.

It is crazy that people have been saying Ortiz is "done" since even the Maidana fight back in 2009. Certainly they said he was done after Lopez and Collazo, which were also 5 years ago. Especially after the second Berto fight 2 years ago.

I know a lot of boxing fans hate Ortiz but im suspecting his team hates him too, they should just make the Ortiz vs Rios fight so both can cash out and call it a career, instead Ortiz is going to get KTFO, again.

If both wanna keep on keeping on, this is a good fight for them. However, the only thing either should be headlining is their retirement parties.

It is crazy that people have been saying Ortiz is "done" since even the Maidana fight back in 2009. Certainly they said he was done after Lopez and Collazo, which were also 5 years ago. Especially after the second Berto fight 2 years ago.
The Collazo fight was suppose to be his comeback and they chose the worst opponent for it. 1 guy with heart vs a guy with no heart

The Collazo fight was suppose to be his comeback and they chose the worst opponent for it. 1 guy with heart vs a guy with no heart

Was beautiful .

Also Funny that Lopez was perfect on paper for Ortiz and still had to quit. (Jaw)

washe.gif

WASHED

I'm still watching tho...

I will certainly watch also. I am just worried about these two guy's brains. It is interesting that there arent more boxers with CTE. (Currently looking at that Richie Incognito thread as well).

I will certainly watch also. I am just worried about these two guy's brains. It is interesting that there arent more boxers with CTE. (Currently looking at that Richie Incognito thread as well).

Yeah it's an odd thing. Hard to tell when and how much cte and brain damage kick in with a lot of guys. Mosley is our best [worst] example rn from the most recent crop of guys to show it. His tongue is thicker than Nicki Minaj's ass. It's sad.

Jermaine Taylor might be a better example, actually, he's gone off the deep end. I think there's a high chance he's gonna end up killing someone, not to be dramatic but he's on the edge of doing some super fucked up shit, imo. Taylor was such a nice guy back in the day, too. Now he's like a crazy old man.

I'm really worried that Richie's gonna end up doing something really bad too. He's loaded to the gills with guns talking bout killing ppl or whatever. It's scary, he's a big, scary dude, he doesn't even need a weapon to do a lot of damage.

Yeah it's an odd thing. Hard to tell when and how much cte and brain damage kick in with a lot of guys. Mosley is our best [worst] example rn from the most recent crop of guys to show it. His tongue is thicker than Nicki Minaj's ass. It's sad.

Jermaine Taylor might be a better example, actually, he's gone off the deep end. I think there's a high chance he's gonna end up killing someone, not to be dramatic but he's on the edge of doing some super fucked up shit, imo. Taylor was such a nice guy back in the day, too. Now he's like a crazy old man.

I'm really worried that Richie's gonna end up doing something really bad too. He's loaded to the gills with guns talking bout killing ppl or whatever. It's scary, he's a big, scary dude, he doesn't even need a weapon to do a lot of damage.

yup, you are completely right about JT. Kelly Pavlik for that matter also. I guess there are really tons of examples, just NFL players are now more prominent. Really no difference, now that i really put some thought into it lol.

Ajagba's promoter, Ringstar Sports CEO Richard Schaefer, is not buying his excuse and says Harper agreed to the money long before the contest took place.

“[Money is] the only reason [he took the fight]. He had agreed to the contract,” Schaefer said to the LA Times.

“There’s absolutely zero doubt that he saw Efe and probably sh*t his pants. Is he going to tell the reporter he was scared? No, he knew how much he was going to get paid. He had signed the contract. We had a fight, but then the guy … leaves. This was like the ‘Fear Factor.’ ”

Schaefer explained that Ajagba was very upset with the outcome, because he trained hard for the fight.

Because no punches were even thrown, his next fight is already being positioned for the upcoming PBC on FS1 card on September 30 at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California - which is headlined by a welterweight bout between Victor Ortiz and John Molina.

Unbeaten featherweight contender Brandon Figueroa takes on rugged veteran Oscar Escandon in a 10-round bout and 2016 British Olympian Joe Joyce battles Iago Kiladze in an eight-round heavyweight attraction in Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes action Sunday, September 30 from Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California.

The telecast begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and will also see 2016 U.S. Olympian Karlos Balderas (6-0, 5 KOs) continue his rise in the lightweight ranks in a six-round match and 2016 Nigerian Olympian Efe Ajagba (6-0, 5 KOs) returning to the ring in a six-round heavyweight fight. Sensational super welterweight prospect Joey Spencer (4-0, 4 KOs) steps in for his fifth fight this year in a four-round bout.

Former welterweight champion "Vicious'' Victor Ortiz (36-6-3, 25 KOs) clashes with hard-hitting brawler John Molina, Jr. (30-7, 24 KOs) in a 12-round welterweight battle that promises plenty of action and fireworks in the main event.

https://www.boxingscene.com/joe-joyce-brandon-figueroa-return-on-victor-ortiz-john-molina--131489

Figueroa (16-0, 11 KOs), the brother of former lightweight world champion Omar Figueroa, Jr., continues to climb the ladder in the featherweight division with a step up match against the tough former title challenger Escandon. The 21-year-old out of Weslaco, Texas was busy last year as he won all four of his matches and he has logged two knockout victories this year, beating Giovanni Delgado in March and Luis Roy Suarez Cruz in his last fight on August 4.

joe-joyce_1.jpg

The 34-year-old Escandon (25-4, 17 KOs), who fought in the 2004 Olympian for Colombia, is a hardnosed veteran from Ibague, Colombia looking to rebound from two tough losses to Tugstsogt Nyambayar on May 26 on FS1 and WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell, Jr. in 2017.

A 6-foot-6 heavyweight, Joyce (5-0, 5 KOs) won the silver medal in the 2016 Rio Olympic Games as a super heavyweight from Great Britain. The 32-year-old from London turned pro in 2017 and has been on a knockout roll since. Joyce, whose nickname is 'Juggernaut,' has ended four of his five fights inside of two rounds. He scored a first-round KO victory over Ivica Bacurin in his last fight on June 15.

Kiladze (26-3, 18 KOs) is an experienced veteran who will test Joyce early in his young career. The 32-year-old out of Ukraine who now lives in Los Angeles and will be looking to rebound from back-to-back losses to Michael Hunter and Adam Kownacki. Before those losses he had put together a six-match win streak.

The 22-year-old Balderas (6-0, 5 KOs), a first-generation Mexican-American, competed on the U.S. Olympic boxing team in the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil before turning pro in April 2017. Representing Santa Maria, Calif., Balderas scored knockout victories in his last two fights and will look to make it three in a row when he enters the ring on September 30.

The 24-year-old Ajagba (6-0, 5 KOs), who represented Nigeria in the 2016 Olympics, will be stepping into the ring again a month after his last match ended in disqualification. His opponent, Curtis Harper, walked out of the ring without throwing a punch after touching gloves and the bell sounded to start the fight on Aug. 24 that was live on FS1.

https://www.boxingscene.com/joe-joyce-brandon-figueroa-return-on-victor-ortiz-john-molina--131489

Back