Beastslayer47

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
a367db6361a0b9522e6db3597a2e3e43de5f3a26.gifv

FatNaturalBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

How does this one go?

I got Yan.. crisp boxing.. superior fight IQ... i think he takes a decision

If Figureido goes into the fight wanting to win 3 rounds, and nothing more, I believe he would win. He is the clear better striker when they are both fresh

Why 125?

Would be better at 135.

yan can’t make that and the champ can barely do it either. Probably his last fight at 125. As I would bet he can’t make it next fight.

and yan would destroy him everywhere.

If Figureido goes into the fight wanting to win 3 rounds, and nothing more, I believe he would win. He is the clear better striker when they are both fresh

what do you think Davidson does better than yan?

how would yan vs be evident and Moreno go in your opinion?

If it was at 125 Figgy could have the edge if Yan depletes himself making weight. At 135 (which would make more sense) I couldn't bet against Yan because he's a nightmare to stand with and in his last fight he out grappled the guy who was supposed to be the most dangerous grappler in the division. Kind of looks like the perfect fighter right now.

I think figgy is more athletic with a better chin but his technique is not amazing and he leaves himself open a lot... as far as defensive skills, I think Yan is among the best in the UFC if not the best ... what he did to Aldo was textbook and I could see him employing a similar strategy against Figgy by shutting down his offensive game

it’s going to be a close fight

what do you think Davidson does better than yan?

how would yan vs be evident and Moreno go in your opinion?

My post literally says what I think Figgy does better than Yan

Yan vs. Moreno, Yan wins by stuffing takedowns and doing bare minimum to get the better of him on the feet every round

Yan is tiny. He looks like he could make 125 rather easily. He should move down and dominate the flyweight division.

Conversely, Figueiredo struggles mightily to make 125. It looks like he's ready to collapse every time he weighs in. He ought to move up to 135. Given that he turns 34 this year, he should do it immediately. That already brutal weight cut to 125 is going to get increasingly more difficult and dangerous as he gets deeper into his thirties.

Figgy’s future is at 135. It’ll be interesting to see how he does there against guys he doesn’t have a size/strength advantage against.

Yan makes it look easy at 135......

You zeroed in on a weakness of Yan's that someone might be able to exploit. If someone comes in with a point-fighting strategy they might be able to steal a few rounds from Yan. That said, I think he's a better boxer than Figgy. I think Yan beats him but a smart fighter might be able to steal a fight by eeking out a few rounds, it's possible.

Be interesting at 135. Don't want to see that fight at bulimia weight

You zeroed in on a weakness of Yan's that someone might be able to exploit. If someone comes in with a point-fighting strategy they might be able to steal a few rounds from Yan. That said, I think he's a better boxer than Figgy. I think Yan beats him but a smart fighter might be able to steal a fight by eeking out a few rounds, it's possible.

I respect your opinion but do you really think Fig would have gotten outstruct early by fighters of Aldo’s and Sterling’s caliber?

I respect your opinion but do you really think Fig would have gotten outstruct early by fighters of Aldo’s and Sterling’s caliber?
Probably not but Yan is a slow starter. I don't think watching Yan in the first round (sometimes first 2) you can get an accurate picture of what kind of fighter he is. Also, Aldo is a fast starter who fades and Aljo just came out guns blazing. I think Yan fought a smart fight against Aljo until the knee. I think Yan would've finished Aljo in that fight but unfortunately we didn't get to see the rest of the fight.

Yan is technically superior striking, but Fig’s power could be the equalizer if his power carries up a division. If Fig’s power is just normal for 135, I see him having trouble with everyone in the BW top 5.

Back