Fights you would use to introduce a friend to MMA.

HC Daniel

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I never thought i would choose a Jon Fitch fight to introduce MMA to a friend but his fight with Erick Silva was simply amazing.

It showcased the versatility and unique style of striking that mma fighters have in Erick Silva, that wide stance ready to spin, the effectiveness of wrestling and bjj from both fighters and someone almost lost a limb.

So what about you guys?.

Fitch vs. Erick Silva is definitely a solid choice actually. That was a hell of an enjoyable fight.

GSP vs. Hughes I- brief though it is- really shows a lot about the awesomeness of an mma fight.

Hughes vs. Trigg 1 and 2- again brief but high drama.

Shogun vs. Hendo- vicious so maybe not for all tastes but definitely has something for everyone (everyone meaning potential mma fans).

Condit vs. Kampmann has awesomeness in every facet of the game.

I really think fights that go everywhere are the best introductory fights

Cerrone v. Henderson

Rampage v. Forrest

KZ vs. Poirier

Any Matt Wiman fight (seriously, can't remember him being in a boring fight that didn't go everywhere)

Cain vs Brock
Cro Cop vs Aleksander
Silva vs Forrest
Hendo vs Fedor
Fedor vs Zulu

Hendo v Shogun

Cain v JDS 1 and 2 for story

Anderson v Hendo

Anderson v Forrest

Anderson v Chael 1 and 2

Aldo v Hominick

Friends get addicted after that

I never thought i would choose a Jon Fitch fight to introduce MMA to a friend but his fight with Erick Silva was simply amazing.

It showcased the versatility and unique style of striking that mma fighters have in Erick Silva, that wide stance ready to spin, the effectiveness of wrestling and bjj from both fighters and someone almost lost a limb.

So what about you guys?.

I think the first 10 UFC fights, with Gracie fight. Because, it shows something were not aware of, the ground game. Seeing the small guy win, blew us away back then. But it introduces the element of strategy in the fight game. Showing a fight today, things get overlooked.

Anything from GSP or Clay Guida's body of work, especially the later years.

I used to use Frye vs Takayama.

I'm stealing all your answers tonight. This was what popped into my head, too. No, it's not a good representation of the sport, but everyone I've ever showed it to thought it was great. In a funny way.

Shogun - Hendo
Fedor - Crocop
Fedor - Big Nog
Randy - Big Nog
GSP - Trigg
Bendo - Pettis
Eddie Alvarez - Michael Chandler
Tim Boestch - David Heath
David Heath - Babalu
Shogun - Machida 1
Anderson - Franklin 2
Anderson - Vitor
Anderson - Sonnen
Randy - Big Timmeh
Mir - Nog 2
and of course Bonnar - Griffin 1.

Any of those

Shogun vs Hendo

This. I showed one of my friends this fight and he was instantly hooked. The problem is it made him a huge Shogun fan and although I love Shogun as a self-professed Machida nut-hugger I'm starting to regret my decision

I think the first 10 UFC fights, with Gracie fight. Because, it shows something were not aware of, the ground game. Seeing the small guy win, blew us away back then. But it introduces the element of strategy in the fight game. Showing a fight today, things get overlooked.

Good points made, btw is that guy on your avatar Keith Jardine? lol it looks just like him.

I would show blood licked from gloves

BJ - Joedaddy
BJ - Sanchez
BJ - Sherk
BJ - Florian
BJ - Hughes I

Shogun - Hendo
Fedor - Crocop
Fedor - Big Nog
Randy - Big Nog
GSP - Trigg
Bendo - Pettis
Eddie Alvarez - Michael Chandler
Tim Boestch - David Heath
David Heath - Babalu
Shogun - Machida 1
Anderson - Franklin 2
Anderson - Vitor
Anderson - Sonnen
Randy - Big Timmeh
Mir - Nog 2
and of course Bonnar - Griffin 1.

Any of those

Damn some really good ones here, totally forgot about Alvarez vs Chandler!.

Shamrock vs. Severn II. You can thank me later.

Back