Fights Where You Were Seriously Concerned For A Fighter

Lindland when he got KTFO by Vitor, Drwal when Palhares tore apart his knee and Mir against Carwin.

I don't care for Joe Warren at all, but when Curran started to beat him down I went from excited to happy to being scared he was going to be beat to death on cable TV in a matter of seconds.

My exact thoughts, I couldn't believe the ref let it go that long

Fabio Maldonado...he got beat to a pulp vs Glover

fdcabn.jpg

QUOTE]

I am still concerned for this guy.

I thought Dewees was gonna bleed out in his TUF fight where he got cut.

3004500_o.gif

Everyone whom I've shown that fight to has the same reaction "is that guy dead?"

tumblr_m0dxqk0t7V1qfrkf9o2_250.gif

I didn't think she'd be able to use that arm ever again.

I don't care for Joe Warren at all, but when Curran started to beat him down I went from excited to happy to being scared he was going to be beat to death on cable TV in a matter of seconds.

i agree.. that was brutal

when Gonzaga KO'd Crocop & his leg broke & twisted into a spiral I thought he would not fight again for a long time,

When Pat Smith beat up Scott Morris, and Big Daddy Goodridge beat Paul Herrera...very concerned for these two fighters.

This GIF doesn't stay on Nate very long, but the image of him stiff with his arms out and up is burned into my brain:

tumblr_m5u0reJGDM1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Fabio Maldanado when he showed a lot of heart by taking a beating versus Glover...

Lesnar vs. Carwin, because I'd seen what Carwin's punches could do and Lesnar was eating them by the dozen.

Shogun during his war with Hendo.
Lauzon during first round against Miller.
Big Nog when when being spiked repeatedly by Sapp.
Maldonado when being destroyed by Texiera.
Kingsbury while having his face broken by Manuwa.

Crocop vs Gonzaga
Shogun vs Jones
Goodridge vs That guy he crucifixed and elbowed to holy hell

Maldanado after being Glovered

Ofcourse this is based on recent memory.

I trained martial arts for many years. I've seen/caused/had hematomas, KO's, people getting choked out, hyper extended joints, broken and dislocated bones. So a lot of what I see in MMA doesn't phase me at all.

BUT when Rashad head kicked Sean Salmon, I thought I might have witnessed the first death in the cage. The way he shut off and fell and hit his head, I thought that might have been it. Thankfully not. Human body can take some punishment for sure.

The way Quarry's body clinched up, I thought Franklin had killed him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back