Fights where you dislike both fighters and end up rooting for one

Royhalibut

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Name some fights or potential matchups where you dislike both fighters but would end up or ended up rooting for one over the other when they fight.

ex Jon Jones vs Weidman. I've been wanting both to lose for a while, but would totally root for Weidman if they fought.

I rooted for Nick when he fought BJ, cheered for Bones when he fought both Rashad and Alex.

I wonder when will we run out of things to discuss on Sherdog,these TS' pushing the limit

I wonder when will we run out of things to discuss on Sherdog,these TS' pushing the limit

This is why we should not allow Orange Belts to start threads. Those guys are weak.

Jake Shields v. Paul Harris - I ended up really pulling for Jake

Frankie Edgar v. Benson Henderson - Benson

Clay Guida vs Gray Maynard. Don't like either, ended up rooting for Gray.

Gus vs Cormier is an upcoming one. Really don't wanna root for either but I guess I'll have to come fight night.

Fabor Edgar..not really a fan of both...but wanted Edgar to win...I don't want him to lose a spot on top 5.

Overeem vs Mir
I ended up rooting for Mir, he was on a losing streak and was getting rocked with smaller punches. I kinda felt bad for him so I was rooting for him.

I started pulling for Cormier against Jones...dont really care for either

Rampage vs Jon Jones, I ended up cheering for Rampage.

Rampage vs Tito, never happened, but I was probably going to cheer for Tito.

BJ Penn vs Edgar, I ended up cheering for Edgar.

Rousey vs Tate, I ended up cheering for Tate and eventually came to cheer for Tate in general.

Rousey vs Bethe, I guess I was cheering for Rousey.

Anderson vs Nick Diaz, I suppose I was hoping for a great KO win for Anderson.

Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn, I was cheering for Penn.

Rousey v Bethe. First time i rooted for Rousey. Ever.

If Vitor ever fights Mousasi I will be praying for a double knockout.

BJ Penn vs Edgar, I ended up cheering for Edgar.

Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn, I was cheering for Penn.

What kind of crazy person doesn't like BJ Penn? And if you don't like Frankie Edgar, you must be a terrible person. Holy shit the fuck is the world coming too...

Back