Fights where the faster guy got outboxed

Russell might have faster hand speed, but Lomachenko is faster in just about every other way, I think.

I don't think so..I think he just has more control over his timing

Rigo is faster than Nonito

I think Nonito is faster, at least in putting together his punches. Rigo just doesn't waste movement and was able to get off first and avoid most of Donaire's major offensive.

A lot of examples given here aren't really guys being "outboxed." I don't think Danny Garcia outboxed Khan, he just knocked the shit out of him.

Thank you.

Garcia was himself getting outboxed and then went ahead and KO'd Khan anyway. Whether or not you like Khan as a fighter, he very rarely gets 'outboxed' but he certainly does get beaten. or has, a few times.

I think Nonito is faster, at least in putting together his punches. Rigo just doesn't waste movement and was able to get off first and avoid most of Donaire's major offensive.

I agree that Rigo reserves his movements, but when he throws, he is one of the fastest fighters on earth...of foot and hand.. that's why he knocks out a lot of guys with body shots..they simply don't see it coming

Thurman, Garcia, and Golovkin do that pretty often these days.

Also happens in a lot of bigger guy vs smaller guy matchups like Lewis/Tyson or Vitali/pretty much anyone.

Last edited:
How about Mayweather vs. Zab.. I thought May won that fight by focusing on timing.. it started out a speed vs. speed thing and Zab was owning him.. but then he put the gloves up higher and started timing zab and won easily.

Don't know if it was mentioned yet but prime Mosley got worked by Vernon Forest thanks in part to that jab of his. He even said after the fight that for anyone watching wondering how to beat pure speed like Mosley has just get a good jab.

Matthysse v Alexander and Matthysse v Judah.

Should have won both of those.
His accuracy and power > than their speed.

Was Dizzy the faster guy when he got out punched by Sergio??

There was nothing controversial about Judah vs Mathysse.

Speed has nothing to do with timing. timing has everything to do with speed.

The fighter who is smarter, has better timing and sharper technique will always get there first. Most guys are faster than Floyd but get out counter punched.

There are many other examples of this..

Back