Fights where someone was “saved by the bell” in the last round of the fight?

Frankie Edgar was caught in a leg lock by Tyson Griffin. I’m not sure how he managed to hold on until the bell, considering it looked really deep. If it hadn’t been the end of the fight, I think Edgar would have possibly tapped, but he was aware so he held on.

Not last round...but the most famous is Bisping vs Anderson. Bisping went on to almost finish Silva himself... Right after stepped up and won the real belt from Rockhold and got rewarded the big money fight that he asked for against the GOAT Pierre later that year ...
When people complain about Ngannou dropping hammers on an already downed opponents, this fight is a reason why you don’t let off until the ref stops you. IIRC Silva possibly had a moment to get in a few fists before the buzzer forcing Herd Dean to end the fight, but opted to walk off hands raised... what a colossal mistake, Silva ends up getting fully Bispinged by the homer judges...LoL
<6>

Aldo/Mendes II.

tumblr_nfuoz9J79h1u2ragso1_500.gif

Although it was after the bell, and it wasn't the last round.

I wonder how Mayhem's life would have turned out if he got that rear naked choke and won the Strikeforce title?
Probably would have been more famous and that could have made him even worse for all we know. Could have also helped though. I think Mayhem was always going to have issues though.

Not last round...but the most famous is Bisping vs Anderson. Bisping went on to almost finish Silva himself... Right after stepped up and won the real belt from Rockhold and got rewarded the big money fight that he asked for against the GOAT Pierre later that year ...

That's probably the most "valuable" one.

Good call!

Rnd 3 of Dominic Reyes and OSP. He essentially knocked him out at the buzzer. If there were 3 more seconds on the clock it might've been a ko/tko without Dominic doing anything except running up to a broken OSP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back