Fights Where Fighters Broke and "Quit"

The correct answer is always BJ sitting on the stool and quitting. Definitely top 5 of my personal saddest moments in MMA history

GSP tapping to strikes is worse.

Michael Johnson vs Nate Diaz... shit even his coaches knew he gave up.
And on the flip side, Bendo vs Nate Diaz. He couldn't see shit, and was just trying to hang on.

Would have to watch it again but you can tell when a fighter is giving up, giving up their back, giving up the choke.

Watch Kongo vs Velasquez. Kongo had every opportunity there was to quit in that fight but managed to stay in there for the full 15. I'm not saying Kongo is a fighter that never quits but that fight is similar to the DC/RUMBLE fight where one guy is drowning the other. Kongo kept moving from bad position to bad position never surrendering and remaining still and letting the "ocean drown him".

Give up their back? I mean...thats the case in %90 of the RNC finishes. So why is Rumble/DC any more quitting than all the other finishes?

And its not like Rumble just gave his back. He gave it after surviving at least 2 rounds being gassed. If anything Rumble showed a lot of heart in that fight.

Now I DON'T agree with Woodley's crazy theories about gassing being black and shit, but I do believe people have pre-assumptions when it comes to Rumble, and not really paying attention to what they are watching.

Haha, McGregor only quit in the same way anyone who ever taps out to a submission "quits".

He got rocked, went for a shot in the hopes that a bit of scrambling would give him some time to get his shit together, like happens in fights ALL THE TIME, and over estimated his own wrasslin' and paid for it by getting choked out.

His corner threw the towel in, no shame in that.
There is when in the build up for the fight you call your opponent out for being a quitter and that you will fight to the death lol.

that was different

i think that was Leben realizing the sport had moved too far past him and he just full on retired mid fight
Hahah so retiring from the sport in the middle of a fight, is somehow better than "quitting"??
7xmc9ki.gif

There is when in the build up for the fight you call your opponent out for being a quitter and that you will fight to the death lol.
Yeah, that was very ironic indeed lol

Haha, McGregor only quit in the same way anyone who ever taps out to a submission "quits".

He got rocked, went for a shot in the hopes that a bit of scrambling would give him some time to get his shit together, like happens in fights ALL THE TIME, and over estimated his own wrasslin' and paid for it by getting choked out.

So he panic wrestled? The thing he would give other fighters shit about?

No, he rolled over and quit. He wanted out of that fight, it's obvious.

Back