JM Barrie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
whos-next-album-cover.png

Michel Pereira Brazil
VS
Bryan Barberena USA

I won't count Pereira's last fight as a loss. However, his UFC record on paper is 1-2.
He is super talent and needs to get back on track. He showed much better cardio in this fight as well as better TDD. Diego wasn't able to take him down so Michel fixed a lot of problems he had in the fight he had before this one.
Barberena is also on paper 0-2 in last two fights. Barberena is similar to Pereira opponent before Diego. Looks less than an athlete. Looks like they came from a cookout and it not much of a threat. They are underdogs that come to fight.

Jan Blachowicz #6 LHW Poland
VS
Anthony Smith #3 LHW USA

If Smith beats Glover, that is.
Listen, I said it in my last "according to me", Jones has no fights left at LHW. He is turning into Mighty Mouse were you are fighting fighters just to win when you could move up in weight and challenge yourself.
If Jones fights Jan, I would look at that fight the same way I looked at Jones Vs Sonnen. It is a wash fight.

Daniel Rodriguez USA
VS
Stevie Ray Scotland

Tim Means shot on Rodriguez before he could strike with him so you know Rodriguez' striking is great.
Ray has been in the UFC since 2015, a vet like Means.
It was a good UFC debut and I think a fight with Ray would be another good showing.

Merab Dvalishvili Georgia
VS
Hunter Azure USA

Merab is better than his 3-2 UFC record but he isn't about that exciting striking style.
Hunter would be the best wrestler Merab has faced in the UFC and I think this fight wouldn't go to the ground.

Corey Anderson #5 LHW USA
VS
Alexsandar Rakic #10 LHW Austria

Top ten fighters coming off a loss.

According to me, Jon should rematch Reyes and Santos
Reyes vs Santos - Both could warrant a rematch against Jones as some people see that they "beat" him. Instead of having 2020 being a year of instant rematches for Jones and having Jan wait on the sidelines, put them against each other in a title eliminator.

Winner fights Jones vs Blachowicz winner.

Smith should beat Glover handily...Glover has a ton of mileage and is 40 now. I think that's a bit of a wasted opportunity for Jan though, he's 36 so now's the time for him to fight Jones. He deserves a crack.

Barberena is very resilient and good at coming on late and stopping fighters who gas, nightmare matchup for Pereira imo.

Jan shouldn’t fight Smith next. Seems like Jones isn’t trying to go to HW ever, so Jones vs Jan is the fight to make.

Are people really that sold on Pereira?

Pereira is not a bad fighter by any means and if he starts fighting in yoelesque manner - sleeping the opposition and then exploding with some crazy stuff, then taking a breather and not gassing himself, he could find success.

Then again he couldn't put away old, CTEd, severely undersized, soft Diego Sanchez, so who knows if he is top 10 caliber at all.

Back