Fights to make after Iaquinta vs. Cowboy according to me

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JM Barrie, May 5, 2019.

1. JM Barrie

JM Barrie Green Belt

Donald Cerrone #8 LW USA
    VS
    Tony Ferguson #2 LW USA

Connor McGregor has a lot of stuff going on in his life that I think he needs to solve before he comes back. Tony Ferguson also have some issues going on in his life but I feel although it is mental, it is less than the issues Connor needs to settle.
    Therefore I do not think the UFC will be making Cerrone VS Connor next.
    The UFC has tried to make Ferguson VS Khabib for some time now. I disagree with Khabib on a lot of things but when he says that Ferguson should fight in order to get his title shot back, I agree with him on that.
    Cerrone VS Ferguson I feel would be a mirror fight. Both fighters are very similar. Both wild and crazy. Both are good with striking. Both are good with grappling. Both have no issue going anywhere in the cage. Both are nuts, no pun intended.

Al Iaquinta #4 LW USA
    VS
    Edson Barboza #7 LW Brazil

I would like to see Barboza move up in weight but for whatever reason most Brazilians don't seem interested in move divisions.
    Personally, I think Al is over-rated. People gave him credit for going 5 rounds with Khabib. I mean I dont get it. Have you seen Khabibs finishing ratio? Its not that hard to go 5 rounds with him. Personally, I feel like he only got passed Kevin Lee because Kevin cuts too much weight and because of it lacks the cardio to hang at the top of the division. Personally, I would like to see Gillespie go all the way up in rank to fight Al but Al would never take someone that low, plus Al probably needs to heal his body up and what not....................... then piss and complain for a few more months after that.

Shane Burgos USA
    VS

Darren Elkins #14 LW USA

I say give Shane another ranked fight on a losing streak. Cub was on a 3 fight losing streak when he fought Shane. Darren is on a 2 fight losing streak but he is ranked. Give Shane another older ranked vet.

Personally, I feel like these UFC cards are getting pretty thin.
    I didn't even bother with the Co main event. The CO MAIN EVENT. Just don't care for it. UFC needs to start going out and looking for fighters. I know it must be hard with the drug testing but I feel they could do better if they tried.

Probably shouldn't have done a thread with just 3 fights but I am at work and bored so I did it.

Sage NorthGOAT and GiSP like this.
  2. GiSP

GiSP Canada or USA. I’m an International Man of Misery Banned

I like your threads but why don’t you wait until the new rankings come out? Have I ever actually posted that before, or just thought it in my head?

3. Medical Marijuana Man

Medical Marijuana Man Buddah Buddah Buddah Double Yellow Card

Cowboy vs Gaethje, Tony or Conor

TITS and Yacob like this.
  4. YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

What the matchmakers think of these threads.
    [​IMG]

5. Yacob

Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

Cerrone vs Gaethje would ruin the entire arena they fought in....that'd be a fucking war

Hirashin likes this.
  6. TITS

TITS Her name is Dana, you incels. Platinum Member

Shane Burgos is too big for featherweight. Weight cut advantage. Feed him to Zabit.

7. Jon's Drug Dealer

Jon's Drug Dealer Brown Belt

The division is still a mess. Match Cowboy up with Tony, Khabib with Dustin and Al with Barboza and Gaethje will STILL be the odd man out. Normally, you'd be able to book him against someone ranked above him, but Colon's unnecessarily clogging up the division and needs an enema. He's such a thorn in its side, it's not even funny.

8. oldschoolmmafan

oldschoolmmafan PEOPLE=SHIT

In a perfect world...
    Tony vs Gaethje
    Conor vs Cerrone
    Pettis vs Al
    Felder vs Lee

9. JM Barrie

JM Barrie Green Belt

I think it would be easy for me to find out when they come out but I am too lazy to go and do that.

I think maybe since it has to be over 2 days for new numbers to come out that people wouldnt have any interest in new match ups.

10. torturescorcher

torturescorcher Blue Belt

Stop making excuses for McGregor. He is too scared to come back because he knows that any of the top 8 will beat him.

11. JM Barrie

JM Barrie Green Belt