Fights that were won with a jab

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

Tom breese knocked out that indian ind a few weeks ago with a jab

Khabib dominated Al with his Jab for the last three rounds.

Todd Duffee knocked Tim Hague down with a jab.

John Makdessi put an absolute clinic on Sam Stout with his jab.

That's a curve jab. My instructor taught it to me the second day after the straight jab. He put it like this. Imagine you're in a car, traveling down the interstate. Stay in your lane and go straight, that's the straight jab. Merge to the next lane over, you curve a bit, but it's not a hook. That's the curve jab. A hook is straight up swerving like a race car.
Fair enough, I guess. I think the TS was referring to a straight jab when he made this thread and that's what the replies were about. Whether you call it a check hook, a lead hook or a curve jab as you call it, I think the salient point is that it's a far more powerful punch than the straight jab. I don't think Robbie would have been flash kayoed and wobbly afterward like that from just a jab. Perfect counter punch from Nick right on the chin.

Last edited:
Kattar legit broke Lamas chin with a jab, in what is one of the most beautiful 1-2 combo finish ever!
The 2 was the real damage dealer there but you're 100% right imo because Katar needs the jab so much to set up the long straight that the 1 is more important than the 2.

Okami was putting a clinic on Boetsch and opened both his cheeks just with the jab....until the epic Barbarian comeback happened

Kattar used it to beat Ige all around the ring

People often say how much the jab is underutilezed in mma and that is true, still gsp vs koscheck is the only fight i remember which was won eith a jab, help me remiember some others sherdog cause i don't

Edit: it doesn't need to be a jab knockout, just fights were the jab was very important

Every single Calvin Kattar fight

0VEDg3.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

gZzwjr.gif

Last edited:
Kattar used it to beat Ige all around the ring

That jab is basically his signature move. I'm surprised he's not mentioned more in this thread. I think he uses the jab better than anyone right now.

Reactions: HHJ
Back