Fights that sounded Boring on paper that actually ended up being awesome thread

Africa5876

The Last GenderBender (Usada approved)
Banned
Reaction score
Sergei spivak vs tai tuivasa should have been a heavyweight snooze fest but it ended up actually being a fun fight, I expected the two of them to gas and prance around each other for the unanimous decision.

Ben askren vs Robbie Lawler was fucking insane, and the fact that Robbie Lawler slammed askren on his head and got ko'd is crazy, but what's even more crazy is that herb Dean didn't stop it and he ended up getting Robbie in a nasty spot. I know it was an early stoppage and all that but Robbie wasn't getting outta that shit, if herb waited a few more secs he would'a been unconcious imo.

Ben askrens fight with masvidal also sounded Boring aside from the shittalk but we all know how that one went...

1570132233653.jpg

jones gustafsson 1, gustafsson didn't look that great before so everyone thought was easy money for jones, I still thinks gustafsson is overrated AF, but he was close to win that fight

Jones vs Thiago Santos. Thought it would be a 50-45 wipeout for Jones

Garbrandt vs Cruz. I was salty that Cruz got schooled like that, but it sure was more entertaining that I thought.

i thought rockhold v bisping was going to be a huge mismatch. turned out it was, just in the opposite way i imagined.

Ngannou vs Lewis is the inverse of this thread

Everyone thought Ferguson vs. Lando was going to be a squash match. Turned out to be a hell of a fight.

Dennis Bermudez Vs Matt Grice
Neil Magny Vs Hector Lombard
Tim Boetsch Vs Yushin Okami

That one fight card that was regarded as trash and would be a snooze fest.

Shields vs Maia, on paper it seems like it would have been a shitty kickboxing match, instead it was a great even ground battle.

Edgar Maynard 2

This is my first pick as well because everyone (myself included) thought the second fight would be just like the first and nobody looked forward to it.

The 2nd and 3rd fights were so great that many people actually forget the first fight altogether.

Fitch vs Alves. Fitch is normally boring but for some reason when he fought Alves he was very entertaining.

anderson vs weidman 1 and 2.

anderson vs cannonier.

Back