Fights that should have happened... but never did

Voodoo_Child906

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So many dream fights over the years that never materialized, off the top of my head:

1) Kid Yamamoto vs Faber
2) Wand vs Vitor 2
3) Sakuraba vs Hughes
4) Sakuraba vs Frank Shamrock
5) Fedor vs the UFC

Any others that come to mind?

Hendo vs Chuck
Hendo vs Tito
Aldo vs Pettis (fingers crossed)

Wand vs Chael , for the bad blood involved

Nog vs Frye in 03
Wand vs Igor
Saku vs Rickson
Fedor vs Randy
Fedor vs Barnett
Fedor vs Brock
Hendo vs Chuck
Rampage vs Vitor
Shogun vs Vitor
Aldo vs Pettis
MM vs Barao @ UFC 130?
Randy vs Wand in 03 (Champ vs Champ)

Wand vs Igor... my oh my imagine the violence that would have been displayed if they got together!

St-Pierre vs Anderson was the fight up to about 2011 or 2012 and then most people quit caring about that fight and wanted Jones and Anderson to fight.

It's a travesty neither of those fights ever happened.

1. Lil nog vs wand
  2. rampage vs shogun2
  3. ronda vs cyborg @145
  4. jds vs brock
  5. gsp vs rory the red king
  6. bas vs a gracie
  7. chuck vs fedor
  8. nick diaz vs rory mc

Saku was 185 and fought a lot of his career against 205ers. He would have embarrassed Hughes.

Sakuraba versus Frank Shamrock would have been legendary though.

Fedor would have torn through the UFC HW division like it was wet paper back in 2003-2005 when he was prime. By the time there was actually a chance of him coming over, he was in the twilight of his career and the next generation of HW were coming up. He would have had mixed results in the UFC and idiots would have used that as "proof" that he was never that good.

Saku was 185 and fought a lot of his career against 205ers. He would have embarrassed Hughes.

Sakuraba versus Frank Shamrock would have been legendary though.

Fedor would have torn through the UFC HW division like it was wet paper back in 2003-2005 when he was prime. By the time there was actually a chance of him coming over, he was in the twilight of his career and the next generation of HW were coming up. He would have had mixed results in the UFC and idiots would have used that as "proof" that he was never that good.

In his 2nd fight vs Royce he weighed 176 lbs; I don't think he would of had a problem making WW. I still can't believe he fought Arona, Rampage and CroCop who were huge compared to him.

Anderson Silva vs a decent lhw

Wand vs Ramapge in Pride not the weak sauce card we got from the UFC.

St-Pierre vs Anderson was the fight up to about 2011 or 2012 and then most people quit caring about that fight and wanted Jones and Anderson to fight.

It's a travesty neither of those fights ever happened.

GSP never wanted to fight Anderson. He talked about taking a year to bulk up to 185, but never expressed any real interest in the fight. And fair enough, he'd be giving up height and weight, and would have been lit up on the feet if he couldn't keep Anderson down for 25 minutes.

Not fighter bashing, GSP is obviously the greatest WW ever. But Anderson wipes him out and GSP knew it.

Fedor vs Brock at Brocks peak (right after the Mir smashing)
Hendo vs Tito/Chuck
Chuck vs Wand
CC vs Randy
CC vs Sylvia
Andy vs Hughes
Anderson vs Jones *(I wanted this one above all)

Silva vs Fedor in Pride
Silva vs Jones now
Silva vs Liddell in Pride
Lesnar vs Lashley
Aldo vs Klitschko
Mayweather vs Manny

Back