Media Fights that looked more like Torture films

Maldonado vs. Glover
Holy crap I didnt think anyone else remembered this. Maldonado died 3 times during the fight and Glover revived him with those elbows on the ground. The thud of skull on canvas was sickening

Holy crap I didnt think anyone else remembered this. Maldonado died 3 times during the fight and Glover revived him with those elbows on the ground. The thud of skull on canvas was sickening

It was terrible to watch

most womens mma fights are torture to sit through and they make me want to blow my brains out.

Hendricks vs gsp

even if gsp had his moments, Hendricks beat him up so bad that he made gsp vacate his title n run away from the sport in his prime

201_GSP.0.jpg

#andstill

Neither of them was a war.

I would say that both competitions were wars.

Velasquez vs. Silva 1 had more blood in it than all of the blood that was in the First World War.

Velasquez vs. Silva 2 had more blood in it than all of the blood that was in the Second World War.

All exaggerations aside, Velasquez vs. Silva 1 and 2 were both Horror Films.

Sakuraba vs Arona was the very first fight that really made me angry, watching Arona, who had already won at this point, keep on gouging Saku's cuts... the many knees to the head of a down Sak...
The event in general was very good, but that one fight made me sick.

sakuraba's_face_arona.jpg

It was so good to watch Wand come out for his fight with Arona with the SAKU belt, and the baseball cap that Sak gave him; sadly, Wanderlei lost, but Shogun avenged them both in brutal fashion in the finale, making this bout very emotional for everyone at the time
(weirdly, Ricardo has 100x fans now that he had back in PRIDE; a few BTT fanatics who were happy that he beat a couple Chute Boxe guys rocked his name in their sig, but aside from that...).

GSP vs Koscheck 2 was a pretty gnarly 25 min torture session, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab....

GSP-Superman-Jab-GIF-a-vicious-eye-buster.gif

g13.gif

g11.gif

Broken orbital bone, with all the shit Kos talked in TUF, he was kinda asking for it. Disrespecting Jean-Charles Skarbowsky in front of GSP? Come on...

Was waiting to see sakuraba. That was just so brutal

Velasquez vs. Silva 1 had more blood in it than all of the blood that was in the First World War.

Velasquez vs. Silva 2 had more blood in it than all of the blood that was in the Second World War.

First one was a domination, not a war.

Second one was a lame fight.

I don't know what fights are you watching.

First one was a domination, not a war.

Second one was a lame fight.

War

1. a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations.

2. a period of such armed conflict.

3. state of war.

4. the art or science of warfare.

5. A STATE OF HOSTILITY, CONFLICT, OR ANTAGONISM.

6. A STRUGGLE OR COMPETITION BETWEEN OPPOSING FORCES OR FOR A PARTICULAR END.

7. to be in active or vigorous conflict.

8. to engage in warfare.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/war

The ones that have more blood in them than the First and Second World War combined.

To be fair, it's been many years since I watched Velasquez vs. Silva 1 and 2.

Hell, it's been so long that, between Velasquez and Silva, at least one of those two is RETIRED.

This entire thread has made me feel like a dinosaur.

How many times have you seen Anderson walking in in a BJJ gi? He knew he was gonna be taken down and he knew his BJJ was gonna save him. He was patient. He wasn't desperate at all. Everything went according to his plan, not Chael's. The submission wasn't the fluke, the fluke was it took so long to happen.
So... was it a beatdown? Not at all. There's no beatdown without damage. What we saw was wrestling domination. Takedowns and ground control. Means to an end... with no capitalization.
Maybe I am not so impressed by wrestling (I'm not American). As I said, a means to an end. But I am not dissing wrestling here: it's one HELL of a means. The best base there is. And it gives you the advantage on the scorecards (Hello, GSP!).
I'd rather be taken down 10 times than knocked down once.
Just my two cents. I am nobody =]
Man, Anderson is my all time favorite but he got dropped standing then taken down and punished for 23 minutes. Getting hit 300+ times is not just "getting controlled".

I agree the sub wasn't a fluke but that fight in no way went how he planned, the reason the sub came so late was because it was now or never at that point. I've watched the fight over a dozen times and if you pay attention you'll notice Anderson was always protecting his right side and not exposing it too damage which limited his attacks from the bottom, he did this right up until he had no choice but too take that risk or lose and being the true Champion and warrior he is he did just that.

Look at the fights Anderson's lost even and you'll see that little lump on his cheek after the Cheal fight is unbelievably the most visibly damaged we've ever seen him in nearly 50 fights. (Aside from the leg injury obviously).

I'm a life long striker myself and prefer it too Wrestling (which I also did) but if you control someone and strike them none stop over nearly 5 rounds like that it's definitely a beating (though it certainly raises some questions about your punching power, haha).

Velasquez vs SIlva 2 had no blood at all bud,like at all

Khabib vs Barboza wasnt shit.

Try watching Arona vs Saku or Manhoef vs Saku

Regardless, Velasquez stopped Silva on two different occasions. What do you want Velasquez to do? Murder Silva or murder someone else?

Like I said, it's been many years since I watched any of these MMA fights.

Velasquez keeps saying that he's retired. THAT'S how long ago it has been.

Most probably, Velasquez vs. Silva 1 was a bloodbath. I specifically remember that at least one of their bouts was very bloody.

Glover vs Fabio Maldonado - probably the most brutal mismatch ever. Glover changed the man's genetic makeup for 10 minutes.

Came here to say the same thing. That was fuckin' brutal to watch. Maldonado was too tough for his own fucking good in that fight.....

Thought I was gonna see someone get beaten to death in the cage for that one...fuckin' Mario Yamasaki.

Last edited:
While not so brutal, Fedor dominating Nog was so one sided you felt bad for the reigning champ.

Yeah. I will never forget watching Fedor bounce Nog's head off the canvas like it was a basketball. I have no idea how Nog took that beating and staying conscious. Unbelievably tough.

Back