fights in which as a fan...

lyndon955

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
you could neither win or lose?

In the sense that you like both fighters equally so you know you're going to see one you like win, but also one you like lose.

This thread is sponsored by Andrei Arlovski vs Frank Mir.

off the top of my head for me:

Rampage vs Shogun
Rampage vs Rashad
Condit vs Diaz
Condit vs Hardy
Shogun vs Machida
Silva vs Rampage
Aldo vs Korean Zombie

Dana vs Tito

Two super cool dudes. Glad that fight never happened

Since Robbie/Carlos has been mentioned I'll go with Shogun/Henderson.

Mir/Overeem, Overeem,/Bigfoot and Big Foot/Mir I dislike all those fighters so the only way to win is by double knock out. At least with Big Foot/Overeem Overeem was being a such a cocky dick that him getting knocked out was pretty satisfying.

Rampage vs Hendo and Fedor vs Hendo were both tough!

Damn you Hendo!!!

Aldo vs McGregor. I have my preferred guy, Aldo, but can work with either outcome. Conor would make a great heel champion and there are a ton of featherweight contenders it'd be fun to root for against him.

Wanderlei vs Crocop
Fedor vs Crocop
Arlovski vs Fedor
Arlovski vs Browne

and finally but not last

Jones vs Shogun

Pettis vs Cerrone. I like both, even though I didn't liked much about what Cerrone was talking about Pettis.

Sakuraba fights with Marius Zaromskis and Zelg Galesic were pretty tough to watch for me.

On one hand, Saku is my favorite fighter ever, and I wanted him to retire with some good wins.

On the other hands, I'm also a big fan of "Whitemare" and "Benkei", and I knew a loss to Sakuraba (at the point of their career when they fought) would be a huge draw back.

Also, both of them stated that they themselves were fans of Sakuraba.

The fights were catastrophic, Benkei got his leg fucked up and couldn't fight or train for more than a year, and Saku took god knows how many punches to the faces in the process...

Whitemare became the DREAM champ but had to cut off Saku's ear with a high-kick in the process.
Was still relieved that he didn't take more serious damage, Marius is a sick striker and could have badly hurt him...

Also, AA vs Werdum, my 2 favorite HWs currently competing in the UFC.
I expected so much from the first fight and was very disappointed.
When they announced a rematch this time I was happy
They both had amazing career resurgences, and that fight was going to put one of them on top of the world.

But they just had to force a Cain rematch that no one wanted to see on us, did they?

Hendricks vs Brown/Koscheck
Tate vs McMann
Sonnen/Mayhem/Rockhold vs Bisping
Werdum vs Hunt

Wanderlai Silva vs Kazushi Sakuraba

Jacare/Romero. Hopefully they both get title shots at some point though.

Aldo vs Conor
Diaz vs penn
Hendo vs Shogun/Anderson
Anderson vs Diaz
Lawler vs Diaz
Condit vs Diaz
Fedor vs Nog

Back