Fights in the Last 10 Years Better Than Sanchez/Melendez

I wasn't challenging anything just asking for a list.

I wasn't saying anything towards you was just making a point to the people that do think that fight was teh best ever. There are many great examples throughout the thread I didn't feel like I really needed to add any as they were probably already itt.

I didn't really enjoy watching Diego get the piss kicked out of him for fifteen minutes. I didn't appreciate the fact Gil had such low regard for Diego that he didn't bother fighting intelligently.

I totally get why a lot of people love watching two guy put it all on the line and fight from the gut, but for me that's one element of a great fight and this fight lacked the other ones.

They were over rating it big time on the broadcast.

I honestly thought Jones and Gus was way better.

I agree. As entertaining as Melendez/Diego was, it wasn't even the best fight of the last 30 days.

In no particular order

Shogun/Hendo
Jones/Gus
Silva/Sonnen 1
Lauzon/Varner
Lauzon/Miller
KZ/Poirier
Condit/Hendricks
Edgar/Griffin
Hughes/Penn 2
Alves/Hughes
JDS/Hunt
Diaz/Penn
Diaz/Daley
Diaz/Miller
Edgar/Maynard 2 & 3
Fedor/Bigfoot
Fedor/Nog 1 & 3
Nog/Cro Cop
Nog/Sylvia
Rampage/Hendo
Rampage/Chuck 1
Sonnen/Marquardt

We get treated to a war and people complain.

Typical sherdog.

I thought it was a very entertaining fight but far from the greatest

Once again rogans on-air orgasm creates an unnecessary sir

Shogun-hendo ,Jones-Gus,Maynard-edgar are just a few out of many that leap to mind

Still a damn fun fight to watch tho...Diegos heart has really compensated for his lack of technical skill(compared to other top fighters)and brought him a long way in this sport

I don't see all the best fight in history praise. One of the more entertaining in recent memory sure. The first two rounds were obviously a one sided beat down. Take away that one punch in the third and that round also would have been a one sided round. Sanchez has a chin and made it extremely entertaining to watch his face be used as a heavy bag other than that I wouldn't call a fight best ever if it wasn't all that competitive besides one punch. Best fights of all time do not end with a one sided beatdown 30-27 ud.

I thought Gus Jones was a much better fight. Didn't even have to go past one event let alone 10 years to find one better.

Did you miss Diego taking Gil's back for an extended period? Or the toe to toe exchanges in which Gil was rocked more than once? And Gil being "out" on his feet in the third?
I had Gil the decisive winner, however, Diego most certainly stole a great deal of Melendez luster. I have no idea why you're trying to BS a bunch of BSers.

For me personally I don't think that brawls are that entertaining. It was just one guy hitting a other guy with a solid chin (of course with a big heart as well). Diego has a rather bad stand up and is to stubborn for his own health.

Bermudez/Grice
Santiago/Misaki II (My favorite fight.. worth a watch)

Last edited:
Shogun/Hendo, Gus/Jones, Fedor/CroCop, Anderson/Sonnen I

Guida/Huerta
Gomi/Nick Diaz
Credeur/Quarry
KZ/Garcia 1
Henderson/Shogun

Others in the ballpark:

Rollins/War Machine
Garcia/Huerta
Maia/McDonald
Stann/Wanderlei