Fights in the Last 10 Years Better Than Sanchez/Melendez

The fight was not the best ever because it was pretty one sided and missed the awesome finish. Diego got that one lucky uppercut that dazed Gilbert but other than that it was all Melendez and diego was just too stubborn to go down.

Best fight ever is crazy. Hell, Jones/Gus was better and that was just one event ago. These superlatives done every broadcast are getting silly.

Not to say it wasn't an AMAZING fight but come on now. Most of it was Gil dominating.

I think the superlatives are fine. The last thing i want the announcer to say in the heat of the moment is rehashing everybody is saying here. I kinda like hearing the announcers going wild.

This is an enthusiasts forum so i know people are going to nitpick every word and detail. But sometimes it just fun to get caught up in the moment.

Jones Gus and Maynard Edgar were better fights and even more dramatic since there was so much on the line. But as far as pure heart goes, I loved what Sanchez brought. Reminded me of a video game character going into angry mode and being temporarily invincible.

Wand/Stann. The power of those two were fast and scary.

Jeez, Diego/Melendez can't even brawl properly.

I thought that fight was boring besides the last 20 seconds submission

yea man, it was so boring watching the best mma fighter of all time being completely dominated by a trashtalker wrestler like chael sonnen

eat a dick

Shogun vs Lil Nog
Fedor vs Nogueira I
Cigano vs Hunt
Shogun vs Machida I
Silva vs Sonnen I
Diaz vs Penn
Bendo vs Pettis I
Edgar vs Maynard II

I actually don't like Shogun vs Hendo that much

I don't see all the best fight in history praise. One of the more entertaining in recent memory sure. The first two rounds were obviously a one sided beat down. Take away that one punch in the third and that round also would have been a one sided round. Sanchez has a chin and made it extremely entertaining to watch his face be used as a heavy bag other than that I wouldn't call a fight best ever if it wasn't all that competitive besides one punch. Best fights of all time do not end with a one sided beatdown 30-27 ud.

I thought Gus Jones was a much better fight. Didn't even have to go past one event let alone 10 years to find one better.

This is the best, didn't care if either fighter won or lost dobt really follow either of them, but I was shaking and almost in tears I could feel the raw emotion of those 2, either of them would have gone to the death.

I need to watch it again to say how good it really was but watching it live was awesome.

Clearly better than Shogun Hendo to me.

IMHO it's the greatest fight i have seen, i love a good brawl every now and then, and this one was perfect, the atmosphere was like none other

It sure was exciting. The way sanchez dropped gil in the third made my house go crazy! I watched with 12 other people so I think that made the fight all that better.

Diaz vs daley - both guys were dropped and they just went at it.

Wand vs stann was crazy especially with the power both guys posses it was really fun to watch knowing either guy could go out
Fedor vs rodgers was pretty damn awesome, just some guy from sams club against a legend and fedro was game to scrap
Shogun vs machida had so.much hype on it and it was a great fight.

Those are the fights that come mind but I am sure there are lots of fights I am forgetting

Back