Fights in the Last 10 Years Better Than Sanchez/Melendez

Alvarez vs Chandler still stands out to me as the best MMA fight. If Melendez vs Sanchez would've been a 5-rounder it might have overtaken it.

I'm a biased Anderson nut hugger, but Silva vs Sonnen 1 is way up there for me.

There's a few.

I'd say it was entertaining but a little too wild for my taste but I'm a technique nerd.

They were over rating it big time on the broadcast.

I honestly thought Jones and Gus was way better.

Still an entertaining fight that had me on the edge of my seat.

Shogun vs. Little Nog
Wand vs. Rampage 2

Garcia-KZ 1
Garcia-Huerta
Shogun-Hendo
Wand-Liddell

Diego v. Gilbert was a great fight but I definitely don't agree with the "Best fight in history"

Bermudez v. Grice
KZ v. Poirer
KZ v. Garcia 1
Shogun v. Hendo
Silva v. Sonnen 1
Big Nog v. Couture
Shogun v. Lil Nog
Wanderlei v. Rampage 2

And several others were better fights. Still, I thought Diego v. Gilbert was pretty awesome. Diego was whiffing a lot but he made it look exciting. I nearly busted a nut when Diego dropped Gilbert in the 3rd

Alvarez vs Chandler still stands out to me as the best MMA fight. If Melendez vs Sanchez would've been a 5-rounder it might have overtaken it.

Boom, 3rd post nails it. Alvarez/Chandler is far and away one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. People rant and rave about Hendo/Shogun being better but they were gassed beyond belief. Eddie and Michael warred it out for almost 20 minutes, each guy got rocked, Eddie got dropped 3 times, Michael got his ass beat in the 3rd round just to come back and get the tap in the 4th. Was absolutely bonkers.

Credeur/quarry was pretty awesome..
Ed Herman's last fight was a barn burner too.
Also Benoit vs birchak back in may under the MFC banner. One of the best fights ive seen and it gets such little love

Gilbert melendez was a great fight but second best this year imo.

I still have gus Jones as the best, considering what was at stake, the technical aspect which was just amazing to see and the underdog status of gustaffson.

Put simply like this, if there was a rematch between gil and diego and between gus and jones, what would you rather see? I got gus jones every time. Not taking anything away from sanchez and melendez it was a sick fight that lived up to the hype

Lauzon/Varner
Fedor/Mirko
Jones/Gus
Shogun/Lil Nog

Melendez/Sanchez wasn't even the best fight THIS YEAR. It was a good fight but the amount of jizz Dana and Rogan busted over it is honestly baffling.

Back