Fights for Chandler Post Loss to Ferguson

Not saying Chandler can't win this fight. I do feel like his chances of beating Tony have increased after the beating Tony took at the hands of Gaethje. However I still don't feel Chandler's chances are close to 50/50.
I love Tony's warrior spirit but I'm not sure he hasn't taken too much punishment in his career. I personally think it's over for him but this fight will tell a lot. I don't see him winning g a stand up battle but I can see him getting a sub. Should be a great fight if it happens tho

Reactions: mkt
Who should Israel fight if he beats Jan, beats Whittaker again, then loses to Jon Jones but then beats He-Man The Barbarian? If this fight was official or more than them just calling each other out on fucking twitter or some dumb shit than this thread would still be stupid, but less stupid.
Yeah this seems ridiculous to me too considering it's not publicly official yet even. Like if Sean O'malley wins a title in 4 years, then loses in his first defense who should he fight?(obvious exaggeration) Weird ass theoretical situations to be pondering considering how much has to go right/wrong before it's even relevant. Such a weird way of saying I don't think he's elite material at the weight class, but what are some fun fights for him?

I'm not sold at all on Chandler but I'm also a realist about Tony. He's almost 37 and is probably more like 45 in fighter years, especially after his brutal loss to Gaethje, where he ate shots for 5 rounds. I think Chandler could definitely win, but I think a lot of other guys could beat Tony at this point. It's still an interesting style match-up. Chandler hits hard, but isn't a great striker and often turns to wrestling when the stand-up isn't going well. Tony starts slow and usually wins stand-up fights by not tiring out and being more durable than his opponent. Tony looked quite vulnerable against Kevin Lee early in the fight when he got mounted, but he has a good bottom game and submissions.

Iaquinta would be ideal, I feel he's the right guy to test him now coming in, of course the UFC won't be able to cash in on that. I think he's being gifted a top 5 in the toughest division in MMA with no W's in the UFC

As far as others besides Iaquinta, I think Lee and Gillespie are way too risky for the UFC if Chandler comes in with 2 L's to start they basically hyped a guy whos gonna struggle to remain in the top 20. Bobby Green would be the safe bet if they reallly want to feed Chandler a W with a notable opponent in his 2nd match

Yeah, I've thought about Lee and maybe even Gillespie. Then again, Gillespie wait a long time to face a known opponent (Lee) and just lost. I don't know if he wants someone with a big a name as Chandler right now. I believe Gillespie beat Chandler in wrestling in college--not that it means much in MMA.

Who should Israel fight if he beats Jan, beats Whittaker again, then loses to Jon Jones but then beats He-Man The Barbarian? If this fight was official or more than them just calling each other out on fucking twitter or some dumb shit than this thread would still be stupid, but less stupid.

Anderson Silva after getting in a time machine and going back to 2009.

Who does Chandler fight after his very likely loss to Ferguson? I think the best gauge for Chandler to see where he fits in with the UFC is to put him up against Kevin Lee.
You're on assuming an awful lot here lol

chandler has a chance against ferguson. i probly lean ferguson, but its not so easy to bounce back from the beating he took. that kind of beating takes a piece of your soul

Yeah, I've thought about Lee and maybe even Gillespie. Then again, Gillespie wait a long time to face a known opponent (Lee) and just lost. I don't know if he wants someone with a big a name as Chandler right now. I believe Gillespie beat Chandler in wrestling in college--not that it means much in MMA.
Gillespie is MIA since the Lee fight. Any news about him?

Iaquinta would be ideal, I feel he's the right guy to test him now coming in, of course the UFC won't be able to cash in on that. I think he's being gifted a top 5 in the toughest division in MMA with no W's in the UFC

As far as others besides Iaquinta, I think Lee and Gillespie are way too risky for the UFC if Chandler comes in with 2 L's to start they basically hyped a guy whos gonna struggle to remain in the top 20. Bobby Green would be the safe bet if they reallly want to feed Chandler a W with a notable opponent in his 2nd match
Lee is good fight for Chandler if he loses, he is a more well known name but I don't see him beating Chandler but it should be a good fight. Chandler is 34, like he said he's not in here to be build up, he's here to fight the biggest sharks he can get in his limited time.

Gillespie is MIA since the Lee fight. Any news about him?

No idea. I think he's at least 33 so it's not like he has 5-10 years to slowly build his MMA career and fight a bunch of mid-level guys before he takes on another well-known opponent.

Chandler will win and then fight Gaethje. Henderson was a UFC champion, and when he went to Bellator, he got exposed.

Islam Makhachev and then he can retire like Asskren did
Lol @ Islam “retiring” fighters. Have you actually watched him fight? He’s not going to go out there and decapitate Chandler. You Sherdoggers are the funniest.

Back