Fights Comparable to Ed Herman vs Mike Rodriguez?

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
People seem to universally agree that Ed Herman vs Mike Rodriguez is the robbery of the year, as Rodriguez was robbed by the ref wrongly calling his body shot a foul.

The question is, how many other times have fighters been robbed like this?

The fight that comes to mind immediately for me is Daichi Abe vs Luke Jumeau. Abe hurt Jumeau with a punch badly in the third round, and the ref called it an eye poke foul. Jumeau came back to win the round, and Abe was clearly robbed of a 3rd round TKO win.

Anthony Johnson vs Kevin Burns 1.

Rumble came back and exacted brutal revenge
2djp6p3.gif

Pretty sure Struve vs Rothwell had some bullshit take place.

Ed was done by a body shot earlier that the ref thought was a nut shot

You either haven't seen the fight or you're trolling.

Ed did nothing wrong. Those fat lazy journalists have never been in a fight in their lives wtf do they know. Epic comeback

Ed did nothing wrong. Those fat lazy journalists have never been in a fight in their lives wtf do they know. Epic comeback
I never said he did anything wrong.

I won good money on that round 3 finish lol.

The ref fucked up though

I can't remember who he fought, but Travis Browne called a time out with the ref to check an injury. By the rules, he should've lost a TKO, but he got away with it. I think he might've even done it more than once.

Robbery of the year is Izzy vs Romero. Mero tooled that boy

I thought Overeem was hard done by against Jairzinho.
Didn't Hughes fake a couple nut shots in a couple fights and later win?

Wasn't Kos famous for one as well?

The closest I can think of is Tyson v Douglas, where Douglas was clearly on the ground beyond 10 seconds, but the ref didn't start counting for the first 3 seconds (was pushing Tyson toward his corner).

This isn't quite the same, but Jamie Varner claimed he couldn't continue after a foul after Cowboy started taking over, it went to the judges and he won. Many thought he could continue (as if some jackass on their couch have the right to make that determination....)

Varner also called time out once, and the ref accepted it and halted the action. It was weird. Man the hard core fans hated Varner back then!

And similar to the Varner/Cowboy was F Shamrock v Renzo Gracie. Frank was on his back and threw a knee up and over Renzo's shoulder, it grazed his head, and Renzo went off on a long board to protect the neck. It was pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Robbery that was a submission loss? That's a first

Honestly, you make a good point. He should have kept it in boxing range in the next round and stood up immediately when it went to the ground. Also, Herman owes Mike some $$.

I wish i could remember the fight, but i know at least one fight outside the UFC getting a bunch of circulation because the ref restarted it after a very legitimate KO.

Are you dumb on purpose, or just accidentally great at it?

Back