Fightmetrics Are Out

What's wrong? Last night all you guys said was WAIT FOR THE FIGHT STATS THEY WILL PROVE GUS WON!
Then refer to those specific people, not "you guys". Groups on sherdog aren't homogenous, nor do they have official spokespersons. Argue against individuals.

The story of Turin Turambar is awesome, btw. Props for the AV.

Also the site everybody claimed would "unanimous prove" Gus won.

Dunno. Thought anyone with a brain, was just kind of like.. "Wow, Jones just got his ass beat. Amazing what happens when he can't make someone uneasy with his reach"

What's wrong? Last night all you guys said was WAIT FOR THE FIGHT STATS THEY WILL PROVE GUS WON!

They do prove Gus won ( More volume of head and body strikes >> volume of insignificant leg kicks. Also successful takedown > multiple failed takedowns in R2. Won won it depends how you score R3) though the damage does that more Gus won the first three rounds more than anything.

So gus wasn't slower by the end of the fight? Jones best rounds were the last two.

Not because of leg kicks it was mostly because of the pace of the fight.

Jones was getting lit up in round 4 before he timed a spinning elbow well. Even after Jones stole the next round Gus landed more strikes in the fifth.

Last edited:
So gus wasn't slower by the end of the fight? Jones best rounds were the last two.

He was slower due to the natural progression of the fight, but he had no visible damage or sign that the leg kicks where hurting him

uTAoWTi.png

Then refer to those specific people, not "you guys". Groups on sherdog aren't homogenous, nor do they have official spokespersons. Argue against individuals.

The story of Turin Turambar is awesome, btw. Props for the AV.

Thanks. Fight fans get heated when arguing close decisions, but we're all fans here and enjoyed a hell of a fight. But as to your point I didn't really take notes of names last night, but there were many, so the best I can do is speak broadly.

Fightmetric? That site that's on UFC's payroll.

I feel bad for you just reading this post..
You are free to watch the fight again and count the strikes if you're too delusional to accept reality , see the final numbers by yourself .. fightmetric's stats are on point. Whetever you want it or not.

I'm sorry, but which do you think would be more accurate? Trying to count strikes as the fight happens live or rewatching it with the ability to pause and use slow motion to determine if strikes landed?

I don't see how that helps your case at all.

so does anyone believe Jones landed 134 sig strikes?

This. Fightmetric doesn't know what a significant strike is.

Ever since I saw the stats on Boetsch/Lombard where they counted every love tap from Boetsch as a significant strike I haven't taken anything seriously.

Those stats mean shit when you're comparing leg and body strikes to head strikes.

This. Fightmetric doesn't know what a significant strike is.

Ever since I saw the stats on Boetsch/Lombard where they counted every love tap from Boetsch as a significant strike I haven't taken anything seriously.

Yes they need to learn what significant means because they clearly have no idea.

Yeah, Jones clearly won that fight by legkicks! Everybody else in the World are idiots! :rolleyes:

FightMetric counts everything that is not a jab a significant strike. Take the stats with a grain of salt. Watch the fight.

I love how people are acting like Fightmetric is on the take and trying to 'protect' Jones for the UFC when Dana came out and basically threw Jones under the bus by saying the only reason for his success really is his reach.

Those stats mean shit when you're comparing leg and body strikes to head strikes.

That's what people said when Shogun lost to Machida the first time. "Kicks don't finish fights" etc etc.

Yeah, that's why they have scored/counted against the winner in so many fights.

Look I don't care about stats or whatever, I just watch fights and enjoy them. I have my two eyes and I can judge myself what is going on in a fight. So yeah, I don't need some stats site to tell me if my judgement was right/wrong or whatever.

And I won't lie or deny but I felt Gus won that fight, but that is my opinion and I don't need Media scorecards or some stats site to convince someone what I thought of the fight.

As for Fightmetric and UFC they started their partnership not too long ago. Because UFC wasn't really using stats before.

People should enjoy fights for what they are and nothing else.

Back