FightMetric Report: Cruz landed more strikes everyround, Cody landed at 34%

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/25e6b11e1cf45b83

Screen_Shot_2016_12_31_at_4_27_30_AM.png

And it didn't matter.
Hopefully this fight serves as an example that Stats don't mean everything in MMA.

ezgif.com-898b04b9fb.gif

I was about to roast you until I read the post, whew. I hope to god no one thinks Cruz even came close to winning that one, I was surprised when the judges gave him two rounds

Those little chicken wing punches don't mean shit when lil platinum puts you on your ass

ezgif.com-898b04b9fb.gif

I thought Cruz won.

Very surprised at the decision.

I was about to roast you until I read the post, whew. I hope to god no one thinks Cruz even came close to winning that one, I was surprised when the judges gave him two rounds
Yeah, it just goes to show that fights are won by who lands the cleaner harder offense, not who racks up punches

And the whole "I only get hit 33% of the time", dawg - that means 1 of every 3 strikes hits you. That's good, but you're not matrixing dudes.

Hopefully they score Micheal Bisping fights like that from now on.

I think Garbrandt clearly won and was the better fighter throughout, but there were 3 rounds where he didn't run away with things. I had Cruz scraping two rounds, and the first round was relatively close (clearly Garbrandt's round in my eyes, but it wasn't by a considerable margin).

Cody dominated him. Bell to bell destruction. (He coasted round 5 for sure though) Dom was the last pick in my six fight parlay. Should have stuck with my gut but still happy for Cody.

I think Garbrandt clearly won and was the better fighter throughout, but there were 3 rounds where he didn't run away with things. I had Cruz scraping two rounds, and the first round was relatively close (clearly Garbrandt's round in my eyes, but it wasn't by a considerable margin).
I think rounds 2 and 5 were close
I thought round 1 was pretty solidly Cody's
I actually have round 2 for Cody, and after rewatching round 5 - like nothing happened, that could go either way. If you watch it, Cruz gets a decent missed flying knee, Cody gets a clinch against the fence and almost everything else they're just whiffing arm punches

Didn't Cruz say something about strikes and 30% before the fight?

In cases such as these....I give it to the fighter who did more damage ala Big John McCarthy.....

Garbrandt.

A lot of people wondered if Cody could beat Cruz in a dancing contest

I apparently so
And i completely agree with the whole stats argue. I hate when people bring it and they usually do just to add it to their point of view in a close fight. I have eyes, i can see the fight for myself and i don`t need any stats.

1,3,4 Cody with the 4 being a 10-8.

I think rounds 2 and 5 were close
I thought round 1 was pretty solidly Cody's
I actually have round 2 for Cody, and after rewatching round 5 - like nothing happened, that could go either way. If you watch it, Cruz gets a decent missed flying knee, Cody gets a clinch against the fence and almost everything else they're just whiffing arm punches

Yeah, one could conceivably score every round for Garbrandt (rounds 2 and 5 were very close). Rounds 4 was a definite 10-8 and even round 3 was relatively close to being a 10-8 in my eyes.

Back