FightMetric: Jones outstruck Gus...even rounds 1 and 2

I still gave rounds 1 and 3 to Gus.

Same. Gus totally won Round 1, it was the round where he screwed Bones game plan and mind forever.

He won both the standing war AND The TD one since he got the most beautiful TD of the whole fight against a world class wrestler.

So yeah, those stats mean shit to me and to many. I guess stupid judges used them to give this absurd 49-46 score over the logical 48-47...

Aren't damaging? You must have never trained striking.

I have, (hence Muay Thai #1) Those leg kicks were more of a modified "leg check" technique that stops your opponents movement. Kinda like how a jab can throw off timing and stop movement forward even if it does not hurt.... but honestly, they weren't that damaging

k.jpg

"oh Jones won? quick, change the numbers!"

Fixed fight.

its funny when people think the stats will make their case and dont, it was all weak leg kicks LOL!

Ya, too bad fight metric has one fatal flaw. On their site, a clean haymaker and a jab both account for the same statistic. Look at Jones' face for further understanding of my example. Especially when the strikes are that close, the more damaging/heavier shots should win you the round.

Edit: A great example of this would be Aldo vs Edgar.

Horrible time to use that excuse, Cause Jones landed more shots that had Gus shaken. Jones was never hurt in that way.

Jon "Forrest Griffin" Jones.... win via leg kicks.

I think the UFC strike calculator wasn't factoring in leg kicks... and I think about 80% of them honestly could hardly be counted. That said, great fight and everyone is bitching bitches.

As soon as we get the pictures of Jones' bloody face all over sherdog, these BS stats from the corrupt Zuffa-hype job media will be forgotten. Anybody who watched that fight knows who won.

when strikes are close it's what you did with those strikes. Jones hurt Gus in the fourth but I think Gus go the better of the exchanges.

GUS WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TOO lol at gus fans, now they have nothing

Why does that matter? Gus won the first three and how exactly did Jones win the 2nd is what i'm trying to figure out as I rewatch it. So maybe you can tell me your point of view when watching round 2

Now remove leg kicks from that.

Leg kicks are a great technique.. But they really are not as significant as a punch to the face.

Back