FightMetric: Jones outstruck Gus...even rounds 1 and 2

The stats don't tell the whole story of a fight. This goes for both sides of the argument.

The UFC's broadcast live punch stats are dickens. I saw a punch miss when the strikes were at 41-38 and when Gus missed a left, another tick was added to the bar.

Yea and Gus's strkies did twice the damage Jones did until the 4th round.

In what way? Most of the physical damage was caused by a major cut...from a GLANCING BLOW. Basically,the glove design nearly ended another fight.

By FAR, not even close, Jones strikes in the 4th caused the most damage in the fight. Jones was never wobbly, not once. Gus barely stayed alive.

Close fight either way.

They prob counted some head kicks or side kicks as significant. But all but one of those spinning back kicks were more or less glancing. Even most of the elbows more shoved AG over with the tricep and didn't hit.

Not all strikes are the same, Gus landed many more HEAD strikes, while Jones dished out tons of leg kicks and some of them not that hard. Also the image posted above

Jones hurt Gus more. That is indisputable. Gus was almost finished. Jones not even close.

BUvfY9NCIAAjUhs.jpg

I am so confused....

you just got proved wrong on page 2 with ur shitty fight metric stats

Jones hurt Gus more. That is indisputable. Gus was almost finished. Jones not even close.

I wish Gus could read this and laugh at you, Jones would, but he's on a stretcher and may not be allowed to check this on his cell.

To be fair, a lot of Jones' striking in early rounds was aimed at hindering Gus' mobility, while Gus was connecting on shots at the body / head. Gotta give the nod to the guy throwing more dangerous strikes.

When the head strikes were shown at 88 to 18 thats how I knew that was fucked. No way Gus landed fucking seventy more headshots.

Because he threw a bunch of kicks to the body/legs, which weren't that damaging.

Yeah, so not damaging that Gus didn't start sucking wind and even pulled a Kimbo in the middle of the cage.

I wish Gus could read this and laugh at you, Jones would, but he's on a stretcher and may not be allowed to check this on his cell.

You didn't refute anything I said at all.

"When Jones beat Chael, he went to the hospital and Chael looked fine!!! Chael hurt Jones more!"

Fightmetric is ran by neckbeards who don't know shit and have never stepped foot in a gym

Ya, too bad fight metric has one fatal flaw. On their site, a clean haymaker and a jab both account for the same statistic. Look at Jones' face for further understanding of my example. Especially when the strikes are that close, the more damaging/heavier shots should win you the round.

Edit: A great example of this would be Aldo vs Edgar.

Back