fighting sports tri-tech headgear

underwear

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on this headgear? it is on sale for $100 and I would love to know what people think of it as far as comfort, weight, protection etc. thanks

It's always on "sale".

Oh gotcha, I had not seen it before. I have a title classic headgear that I hate right now. It squeezes in the wrong parts and I can't stand it as it moves around if I take a shot. Anyone have advice on a good brand in terms of comfort, visibility, stability etc?

Check out GFG (GorillaGear.ca)

Last edited:
I had the fighting sports headgear as well as some of my sparring mates. Each one of us chose different headgear. The problem with it for all of us is was waaay too bulky. The padding always felt stiff and never truly broke in. Now for me specifically, the cheek protection didnt protect as it should have. I ended up with alot of cheek bruises, swollen eyes. At first i thought i may have adjusted my headgear improperly but it just kept happening over and over. I decided to switch to the reyes mx headgear with cheeks. it was far more slim, softer, but it took awhile to break in. i love it though! Friend #1 also had an issue with the cheek protectors he would consistently get battered on the nose and they offered zero protection for his nose. He tried other headgears w cheek protectors and he didnt get nearly as damaged. He switched to reyes facebar. Friend #2 had a slenderish head and the headgear never snugged up against his skull properly, the result-- excessive headgear shifts. He moved to the winning fg-2900 i believe thats the model and hasnt had Any issues. Moral of story spend more on good headgear, save more cash as the end result! For 100 bucks i feel u can get much better headgear. Fighting sports makes really good gloves but not so good headgear imo. Skip it and get something else.

Back