Fighting Sports Punch Mitts

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by Tr0gdor, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Tr0gdor

Tr0gdor White Belt

I bought a pair of Fighting Sports Punch Mitts from the Title site about a year ago. I got the white color (hoping to avoid scuffing up my white Winning gloves).

Pros: I would say the first pro is the fact that Title customer service was awesome. I ordered these directly through the Title guy that gives a bit of discount and it was great service.

When I received the mitts they look to be very well made. I think they look pretty slick and are snug on your hand. There is a ball inside that helps you grip and makes you feel a bit more solid when taking some hard punches. I had a pair of cheap Everlast mitts before that broke in the inside (the finger separation). I really felt it when my partner hit hard and had some sore wrists. With these mitts I literally do not feel a thing - it's great at absorbing the impact.

I'm not sure if this is a pro or con, but anyone punching these mitts is going to sound pretty beast because it's loud. :D

Cons: The mitts unfortunately were a bit too curved for my taste. When holding I kept having issues if the person didn't hit perfectly in the middle. I can't really explain it well, but when the person would punch it'd make the bottom portion of the mitt collapse towards my wrist. It was like I had to hold them perfectly or the person had to aim pretty well to get the right balance. I have to admit I dunno if it's my failure as a mitt holder (since that in itself is a learned skill), but as a puncher I noticed this happening as well. Don't remember this happening with my cheap Everlasts.

The mitts were a bit bulky for my taste and I felt like I couldn't be as fast when calling combos to my partner. (Again that might be my own mitt holding issues)

If you like the curved feel and don't mind if they are a bit bulky they are definitely a nice well made pair of mitts.

[​IMG]

2. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

yeah from the picture those mitts seem to have a wicked curve to them.