fighting shaped evolution of human hand

Leviticus 23:17

You shall bring from your dwelling places two loaves of bread to be waved, made of two tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour, and they shall be baked with leaven, as firstfruits to the Lord.

Ah yes, I get you now. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Then how come I've broken my hand twice in martial arts? I want something a little moere basic.

We'd pretty much routinely break our hands punching if all the many finger/hand bones were arranged any differently. So, then humans would be stuck w/ open palm strikes only - like other apes. Equal power, but less damaging force since the strike is distributed over a larger surface area

Our hands have evolved to help us dig up and pick up vegetables. If fighting is the main factor, why dont I have sharp nails like a cat, or talons of a harpy eagle. Those by the way can grapple much better than our fingers.

You cant carry 2 loaves of bread without some thumbs. Go ahead and try. I'll wait

europe-baguette-maryclaireroman-flickr-via-audhepcomplx.png

Seems like bullshit.

If the fist was designed for combat then we'd have claws on our knuckles.

The hand likely developed to allow us to climb and handle tools.

Have you seen some peoples knuckles? They can slice people open like claws when they punch them.

I agree with this study.

If anything, fighting's effect on our hands has been small. Our hands evolved because of tool use, not using our hands to club things. We've been using tools for thousands upon thousands of years. We haven't fought with our hands since we found a stick to use, generally speaking.

In a brutal, primal fight, in terms of rank....

#1. Testicles
#2. Eyes
#3. Throat
#17ish Punching someone else in the head.

makes sense...i have some hard knuckles

Don't tell me...this was a Rogan podcast talking point, right?

Back