Fighting most undefeated fighters in a row

If not Tate, Ronda should be fighting Nunes. This is a stupid fight to make, and TS is embarrassing himself trying to inflate this match up.

Put a little context into your post. Bethe is undefeated, but had less than 10 fights. She beat Kedzie coming off a 3 fight losing streak. Duke who is awful, and Baszler who got cut. A real lineup of killers, and she gets a title shot off of that because Rousey calls her out? And Holm is in the same boat, no quality opponents, and two UFC wins gets her a shot. Ronda may hate him but she and/or the UFC sure seems to be following Floyd's blueprint of padding a record.

Lol calm down matey. So you're saying Holm doesn't want this fight and she doesn't think she's ready even though she took the fight and her coach coincidentally said about three weeks before the fight announcement that she was ready?

Only Holly knows if she's ready. Her coaches and the UFC can say whatever they want...and they will...but come fight time we'll see. What I see is Holm getting thrown on her ass and submitted pretty quickly, but I've been wrong before.

A better title for this thread would be...Fighting the most not top 5 fighters to defend the belt.

The funniest thing is Ronda is already saying that Holm is her toughest challenge.

but Ronda has already cleaned out the entire top 5, it would just be rematches if she fights them again.

If not Tate, Ronda should be fighting Nunes. This is a stupid fight to make, and TS is embarrassing himself trying to inflate this match up.

Put a little context into your post. Bethe is undefeated, but had less than 10 fights. She beat Kedzie coming off a 3 fight losing streak. Duke who is awful, and Baszler who got cut. A real lineup of killers, and she gets a title shot off of that because Rousey calls her out? And Holm is in the same boat, no quality opponents, and two UFC wins gets her a shot. Ronda may hate him but she and/or the UFC sure seems to be following Floyd's blueprint of padding a record.
Bro, the UFC said Beth had KO power, and had beat Ronda's friends... What more do you need to be convinced? :icon_chee:icon_twis

but Ronda has already cleaned out the entire top 5, it would just be rematches if she fights them again.

Imagine this...Robbie doesn't fight Rory again because it would just be a rematch...fuck that, huh?

I'd rather see a rematch with an experienced fighter like Zingano or Tate than a squash match with someone who has done nothing to show she's ready for this title fight.

Only Holly knows if she's ready. Her coaches and the UFC can say whatever they want...and they will...but come fight time we'll see. What I see is Holm getting thrown on her ass and submitted pretty quickly, but I've been wrong before.

It's true that only Holm knows, but the people that have the best idea next to that are her coaches. I also have no doubt that she'll get thrown on her ass, but Holm has had a long career of combat sports and she's probably as ready as she'll ever be.

Bro, the UFC said Beth had KO power, and had beat Ronda's friends... What more do you need to be convinced? :icon_chee:icon_twis

Lol, you're right. I mean, she does have a whopping two TKOs on her record. That's definitely power in those hands! And it's not like Bazsler has been KO'd a bunch of times either. What am I saying, zuffa is right Bethe is a beast! Now where's that gif of Bethe showing off her 2" vertical leap?

And none of Holms wins are top 10.

What makes RR impressive is her performances, don't try to reach for ways to hype her opponents cause your arms aren't long enough.

honestly, get w the fcking story line or get out of mma - ronda is beating top quality opponents - just repeat that until you believe it

this guy did mma a service by putting together a stat that can be thrown around - over analysis of who was actually fought is prob grounds for dismissal from the ufc hard core circle - if you had a press pass, it would already be revoked

It's true that only Holm knows, but the people that have the best idea next to that are her coaches. I also have no doubt that she'll get thrown on her ass, but Holm has had a long career of combat sports and she's probably as ready as she'll ever be.

I'm not hating on Ronda or Holly, just the timing of the fight. I think 1 or 2 more fights would help Holly tremendously.

Lol, you're right. I mean, she does have a whopping two TKOs on her record. That's definitely power in those hands! And it's not like Bazsler has been KO'd a bunch of times either. What am I saying, zuffa is right Bethe is a beast! Now where's that gif of Bethe showing off her 2" vertical leap?

Fuuuuuuck... Hahahaha! She looked like my 4yr old at kickboxing class with that Randleman-esq leap! Hahahahaha!

I'm not hating on Ronda or Holly, just the timing of the fight. I think 1 or 2 more fights would help Holly tremendously.

You're probably right, but I get why the booked this fight. It's highly marketable to casuals who like Ronda and there's not that much competition to choose from.

You're probably right, but I get why the booked this fight. It's highly marketable to casuals who like Ronda and there's not that much competition to choose from.

Now you got me thinking the UFC knows this and is holding the 3rd Tate fight for something later on down the line. Haha, I'll probably watch the damn fight anyway.

Now you got me thinking the UFC knows this and is holding the 3rd Tate fight for something later on down the line. Haha, I'll probably watch the damn fight anyway.

I was hoping they were gonna do Ronda v Nunes/Holm and Cyborg v Tate at 135lbs, but I think Tate is fighting Nunes. This division is going to get really stale after the next two title fights because nobody other than Miesha can seem to put a win streak together and if Ronda beats Cyborg then there's nobody else for her to fight other than possibly Nunes or Eye who have both been beaten by lesser competition.

It's not that impressive if the girls are that inexperienced. She's beating girls that are like 4-0 or 6-0 and 2 or 3 of those girls fights were probably local circuit fight clubs with little talent. It's not like she's beating 20-0 or 25-0 opponents. She's beating novice fighters with just a few fights under their belts.

It's not that impressive if the girls are that inexperienced. She's beating girls that are like 4-0 or 6-0 and 2 or 3 of those girls fights were probably local circuit fight clubs with little talent. It's not like she's beating 20-0 or 25-0 opponents. She's beating novice fighters with just a few fights under their belts.

Zingano and Bethe were 9-0 like Holm, McMann 7-0. Where did you get that 4-0 or 6-0?

Zingano and Bethe were 9-0 like Holm, McMann 7-0. Where did you get that 4-0 or 6-0?

If they beat other female fighters without wikis, I'd place that as an amateur fight. I mean, it's already wmma. Compound that with fighting girls with no wikis in local middle school gyms. Might as well count your fights you get at bars and in road rage incidents. They have 4-6 legit fights and maybe a couple fluff fights where they fought for free or were paid 20 bucks to fill out a local gym show.

If they beat other female fighters without wikis, I'd place that as an amateur fight. I mean, it's already wmma. Compound that with fighting girls with no wikis in local middle school gyms. Might as well count your fights you get at bars and in road rage incidents. They have 4-6 legit fights and maybe a couple fluff fights where they fought for free or were paid 20 bucks to fill out a local gym show.

I remember how a few years ago more than 10 of Fedor`s opponents didnt have a wiki page. Then some random fans decided to make wiki pages for all of them, and now all of Fedor`s opponents have a wiki page. By your brilliant logic that made Fedor`s wins more impressive and those opponents more legit.

"Doesnt have wikis", lol.

Ps.Alexis Davis had 15 "wiki opponents" before facing Ronda. Does that mean she is a better fighter and would be a favourite against Zingano? Lol, dont need to answer.

I missed the quote. What was it?

An embarrassingly misinformed one. :)

For some reason I was thinking Ken Shamrock had already lost in Pancrase before UFC 1, so I jumped all over you. Then I deleted it, hoping nobody had noticed. :redface:

Back