Fighting most undefeated fighters in a row

clayj

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In the UFC what is the record for fighting the most undefeated opponents in a row or fighting the most undefeated opponents in a row for title defenses?

For the people saying Ronda only fights cans this will be her third undefeated opponent in a row and 4th undefeated opponent out of her last 5 opponents. Has anybody else done anything close?

Counting Holm, Ronda's most recent five opponents will have a combined record of 50-5 (9% of fights lost) when they fought. Cyborg's last five opponents have a combined 46-19 (29% of fights lost).

And none of Holms wins are top 10.

What makes RR impressive is her performances, don't try to reach for ways to hype her opponents cause your arms aren't long enough.

Interesting point. I don't think the problem is that Ronda is fighting cans, but I think Bethe and Holly haven't had enough time to mature in MMA so they end up being easy fights for Ronda. I do think Ronda is fighting way better competition than Cyborg is though.

don't try to reach for ways to hype her opponents cause your arms aren't long enough.

I think Holm is a really easy opponent to hype up for Ronda fans who don't know much about MMA.

Royce Gracie fought 3 undefeated fighters in one night.

Get the UFC dick out of your mouth. Beth's opponents were 1-7 in the cage and Holly struggled in 2 fights against mediocre fighters. The 135lb records of these ladies are equivalent to the records given by the fighters in UFC 1 and 2. 90-0 doesn't mean shit if you haven't fought anybody worth a fuck.

I think Holm is a really easy opponent to hype up for Ronda fans who don't know much about MMA.

That's true, I guess hype was the wrong word since hype doesn't have to be based on reality. I meant if you are looking to praise Ronda, her competition is the last place you should go.

Get the UFC dick out of your mouth. Beth's opponents were 1-7 in the cage and Holly struggled in 2 fights against mediocre fighters. The 135lb records of these ladies are equivalent to the records given by the fighters in UFC 1 and 2. 90-0 doesn't mean shit if you haven't fought anybody worth a fuck.
*Cough* Julio Ceasar Neves, lol

But yeah, they're not going to tell people those stats, because that wouldn't be good for PPV sales. If Rousey's fans even care about such things.

Which fighters you are referring to?
I don't think she struggled with Renau, Holm was just tentative and didn't land nearly as many strikes as she threw (That's down to her style, though). However, she didn't look impressive at all against Raquel Pennington, and almost dropped a SD.

That's true, I guess hype was the wrong word since hype doesn't have to be based on reality. I meant if you are looking to praise Ronda, her competition is the last place you should go.

I think you can talk about a couple of her opponents but that's about it, but I agree. Still though I think she's had better competition than Cyborg.

I don't think she struggled with Renau, Holm was just tentative and didn't land nearly as many strikes as she threw (That's down to her style, though). However, she didn't look impressive at all against Raquel Pennington, and almost dropped a SD.

Thats why I asked, because she completely outclassed Reneau. It was a clear 30-27. Against Pennington Holm won 29-28 or 30-27. 29-28 for Pennington was kinda horrible imo. But yes, you can say she struggled with Pennington, but no way against Reneau.

Which fighters you are referring to?

Holly's last two UFC opponents...first fight against Marion was abysmal and then Pennington wasn't much better. If Holm has more fights and wrecked 1 or 2 chicks on the way....then maybe a fight with Rousey would be worth a watch. As it sits now, fuck this fight.

Last edited:
Holly's last two UFC opponents...first fight against Marion was abysmal and then Pennington wasn't much better. If Holm has more fights and wrecked 1 or 2 chicks on the way....then maybe a fight with Rousey would be worth a watch. As it sits now, fuck this fight.

You said she struggled with BOTH of them. How can you explain this?

Sig.strikes

Holm 65

Reneau 26

Takedowns

Holm 1

Reneau 0

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/634e2fb70bde3fd5

Media scores:

Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 30-27 Holm
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 30-27 Holm
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 30-27 Holm
MMAMania.com 30-27 Holm
Wrestling Observer 30-27 Holm
MMAJunkie.com 30-27 Holm
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 30-27 Holm
Danny Segura
dannysegura.tv 30-27 Holm
SevereMMA.com 30-27 Holm
MMABrasil.com.br 30-27 Holm
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 30-27 Holm
John Pollock
Fight Network 30-27 Holm
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 30-27 Holm
CagePages.com 30-27 Holm
Jeff Sherwood
Sherdog.com 30-27 Holm

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6328/Holly-Holm-vs-Marion-Reneau

Your definition for "struggling" must be really weird. Or do you hold higher standards for Holm than for other fighters?

Yeah, so now you want to take a look at who the opponents have faced? For Cyborg's opponents who has Faith Van Duin, Fiona Muxlow, Jan Finney or Charmaine Tweet beaten? Marloes lost to Tate.

You said she struggled with BOTH of them. How can you explain this?

Sig.strikes

Holm 65

Reneau 26

Takedowns

Holm 1

Reneau 0

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/634e2fb70bde3fd5

Media scores:

Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 30-27 Holm
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 30-27 Holm
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 30-27 Holm
MMAMania.com 30-27 Holm
Wrestling Observer 30-27 Holm
MMAJunkie.com 30-27 Holm
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 30-27 Holm
Danny Segura
dannysegura.tv 30-27 Holm
SevereMMA.com 30-27 Holm
MMABrasil.com.br 30-27 Holm
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 30-27 Holm
John Pollock
Fight Network 30-27 Holm
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 30-27 Holm
CagePages.com 30-27 Holm
Jeff Sherwood
Sherdog.com 30-27 Holm

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6328/Holly-Holm-vs-Marion-Reneau

Your definition for "struggling" must be really weird. Or do you hold higher standards for Holm than for other fighters?
Yes, 30-27...never mind what the fight actually looked like? But it was her first fight...

For you information, I'm holding Holly's standards where I think Ronda's are...really fuckin high. Don't get it twisted, I'm from New Mexico and have seen Holly fight in Albuquerque way before she thought of turning to MMA. My whole problem with this fight is I think it's a horrible time to match Holly with Rousey. Holm should have at least 2 More fights if not 3 or 4...don't stick her in there just cuz she's 9-0. That doesn't mean shit....look at Beth.

Yes, 30-27...never mind what the fight actually looked like? But it was her first fight...

For you information, I'm holding Holly's standards where I think Ronda's are...really fuckin high. Don't get it twisted, I'm from New Mexico and have seen Holly fight in Albuquerque way before she thought of turning to MMA. My whole problem with this fight is I think it's a horrible time to match Holly with Rousey. Holm should have at least 2 More fights if not 3 or 4...don't stick her in there just cuz she's 9-0. That doesn't mean shit....look at Beth.

But isn't Holm alraedy like 34 years old? Giving her four more fights before the title shot will put her at probably 36 years old by the time the fight with Ronda could happen ... she is probably physically declining quite a bit right now, extra fights might not really help her.

Yeah, so now you want to take a look at who the opponents have faced? For Cyborg's opponents who has Faith Van Duin, Fiona Muxlow, Jan Finney or Charmaine Tweet beaten? Marloes lost to Tate.
When has Cyborg fought in the UFC? Never...so why bring her in this. Padding Ronda's record with fluff undefeated fighters is a bullshit thing to do with the quality of fighter Ronda is. The worst part, is she is going to let the UFC do it to her.

Back