Fighting men vs mma sports stars

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
There is a difference between two. This sport started off as close to a real fight.
New term I've started hearing by insecure people , 'manlet' (apparantly less than 6 foot)
Is this how tall or big guys who cant fight boost their self esteem now?

Randy Couture -5"9.5 - 5"11 max
Ken Shamrock - 5"9.5 - 5"11
Fedor - 5"10 - 5"11 max

Quote from somewhere
"A man is his mental strength".

Aside from that, who are the best 'fighting men' in mma history who came to fight not simply 'win'.

Incidently' I dont always add Couture to the list. His ankle pick on Toney was a sneaky way to win using the rules as with no dowmward elbows, strikes to back of head it was easy to do that without really fighting.

Ken was at later part of career but not always at early part.

Still, list the real fighting men of mma past or present.
A few to start:

Wanderlai
Fedor
Diaz bros
Dan Henderson
Vernon White
Don Frye

Last edited:
DifficultFickleBarbet-max-1mb.gif

Georges and Conor are sports stars.

Fedor, Wanderlei and Diaz bros are men who fought for awhile.

CM Punk

Already rich and famous, he was just there to bang

If Fedor is a modern sherdogger 'manlet', then I'm in good company thanks.
Just because you and Fedor are similar in height doesn’t mean you are anything like him at all.

Although I do agree calling someone a manlet is a sure indicator that person has self esteem issues of a high magnitude, not only that but treating your fellow man that way is outright disgusting, we should be able to have reasonable discussions but, being as this is the internet, the non intellectuals, dope fiends, trolls and lonely people will show up to point out a so called weakness within our society.

The Diazs'

Robbie Lawler

Miguel Torres

Diego Sanchez

Leonard Garcia

Tank Abbot

Wandy

Rampage

James Thompson

Joe Daddy

Mark Hunt

Gilbert Yvel

Eddie Alvarez

Justin Gaethje

John lineker

Jeremy Stephens

Lee Murray

Don Frye

Just because you and Fedor are similar in height doesn’t mean you are anything like him at all.

Although I do agree calling someone a manlet is a sure indicator that person has self esteem issues of a high magnitude, not only that but treating your fellow man that way is outright disgusting, we should be able to have reasonable discussions but, being as this is the internet, the non intellectuals, dope fiends, trolls and lonely people will show up to point out a so called weakness within our society.

Im making a point my friend. Inadequecy is a bad thing especially if it turns into common phrase.
Yes I am aware having similar height to Fedor does not mean I can fight like Fedor. But I dont call people 'manlet' which seems to be the keyboard warriors new favoutite term.
Anyway

Yes Lee Murray is real fighter also, fighter in and out of the cage.

Gilbert Yvel is maybe a bit too real for mma. But for sure came to fight but often rules were second.

Last edited:
Obviously it i

Im making a point my friend. Inadequecy is a bad thing especially if it turns into common phrase.
Yes I am aware having similar height to Fedor does not mean I can fight like Fedor. But I dont call people 'manlet' which seems to be the keyboard warriors new favoutite term.
Anyway

Yes Lee Murray is real fighter also, fighter in and out of the cage.

Gilbert Yvel is maybe a bit too real for mma. But for sure came to fight but often rules were second.

Having said that, doesn’t matter the height, if you are cut from the same cloth as Lee Murray or Rampage you’re a fighting man no doubt

There is a difference between two. This sport started off as close to a real fight.....
Incidently' I dont always add Couture to the list. His ankle pick on Toney was a sneaky way to win using the rules as with no dowmward elbows, strikes to back of head it was easy to do that without really fighting.....
imagesGWW30VCH.jpg toney-couture.jpg

BJ fucking Penn

Brian Stann

Plus I agree with the rest of your list

Reminds me of Hughes bashing GSP in his book, claiming he wouldn't want him backing him up in a streetfight.

Peggy Lee Lyrics
"Big Bad Bill (Is Sweet William Now)"

In the town of Louisville they got a man they call Big Bad Bill
I wants to tell ya, he sure was tough tough, and he certainly did
Strut his stuff
He had folks all scared to death, when he walked by they all held
Their breath
He was a fighting man, sure enough

Now Bill got himself a wife, and he leads a different life

Big Bad Bill is Sweet William now...

Forum statistics

Threads