Fighting Fungus work out log!

Fighting fungus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I will use this journal as a tool to motivate myself to become healthier and improve all aspects of my life.

My stats
5"10
Body fat in upper teens

Bjj purple belt

Heart rate in the 70's.

Cholesterol 230

Age 36

My upper body is stronger than my lower body ( I was the moron who only benched and did biceps)

Goals are to:

Get weight down to 185 pounds by eating cleaner, and more importantly eating less at night.

Continue to improve at bjj

Get heart rate in lower 60's by doing cardio (add sprints when you get to this level)

Will lift heavy 2 days a week

Day 1
Squat 3x5
Bench3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Day 2
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Cleans 5x3

Will post all my work outs here in this log including bjj,strength and cardio work outs.

Welcome to the logs, and good luck!

I am 39, and early in the year I found out that my HR had crept up to 80 or so. I started doing conditioning a lot more and last time I checked it was pretty much bang on 60. Helped me get my weight down, and also ended up with me really enjoying running, pretty much for the first time in my life. Couldn't be happier about having gone through the process.

Anyway, will be following your progress.

Welcome to the logs.

What's your lineage?(you don't have to feel like you have to answer that if you want to discuss training without people knowing exactly where you are)

Body weight (201.1) after treadmill workout.

1 hour cardio done today on treadmill for a total of 4.5 miles. I made sure my heart rate was over 120 bpm the whole time.

Tomorrow I will do a strength workout!

Welcome to the logs, and good luck!

I am 39, and early in the year I found out that my HR had crept up to 80 or so. I started doing conditioning a lot more and last time I checked it was pretty much bang on 60. Helped me get my weight down, and also ended up with me really enjoying running, pretty much for the first time in my life. Couldn't be happier about having gone through the process.

Anyway, will be following your progress.

Thanks a bunch!

What was your cardio routine like? I also have always disliked cardio!

BW 201 pounds

Squat
135x5
135x5
155x5

Bench Press
185x5
185x5
185x5

Deadlift
225x5

1 hour of low intensity cardio heart rate anywhere from 120-150 BPM

Tomorrow I will attend BJJ Class!

Very disappointed in myself today! Got to bed late last night, and overslept! Didn't attend bjj class. Am here at work and will review some techniques on You Tube! Will look for sweeps from leg lasso!

Last edited:
1 hour of low intensity cardio on treadmill. My cardio is already getting better, and I feel like my resting heart rate is already lower. I was never a cardio guy but am really starting to like it.

Ate like crap today, At work we have an assortment of free food for the holidays and I have been eating everything and anything. Will look to eat a little cleaner in the new year.

Today I hit a strength work out and went light but will go heavier every work out.

Squat
135x5
185x5
185x5

OHP
95x5
95x5
95x5

power clean
95x3
95x3
95x3
95x3
95x3

Did not hit a cardio work out today and will hit one tomorrow.

Last edited:
1 hour of low intensity Cardio, feeling great. My diet has to improve but will after the holidays.

Can't wait to return to bjj next week after a 2 week break!

Thanks a bunch!

What was your cardio routine like? I also have always disliked cardio!

Sorry not to reply before now. I did incline treadmill walks for a month or so. The started running. Tried to do it three times a week, slowly increasing the time and distance. Always slow. Did this for about 6 months then started adding some faster stuff.

Glad to see you are starting to like it.

Today I did a strength workout!

Squat
185x5
195x5
195x5

Bench press
195x5
205x5
205x5

Deadlift
235x5

Was planning on going to bjj tomorrow but school is closed for Christmas eve.:mad:

December 25,2012

1 hour cardio

Hit a cardio work out today. Ran at a slow pace for 45 minutes straight. Kept my heart rate in the 140's for most of the run.

squat
185x5
205x5
205x5
205x5

OHP
105x5
105x5
105xx5

Power Cleans
105x3
105x3
105x3
105x3
105x3

Used a belt for squats for the first time ever and it really helped my form. Will use a belt from now on.

Will get back to bjj after the new year!

Today I ran a slow 5K on the treadmill at 4.7MPH.

Setting plenty of fitness goals for 2013 and looking forward to it.

Goals
Have a combined 1000 Pounds on Squat,Deadlift,Bench Press

Go at least 100 bjj classes and get a few stripes on purple.

Get cholesterol under 200

Get down to 190 pounds

Run a 5k in 30 minutes

Get heart rate down to low 60's

Start high intensity conditioning work outs.

I was hoping to hit a strength work out yesterday, but my neck was hurting way too much! I have had this problem for a while, and may hit a strength work out later tonight if the pain gets better.

Have not been to bjj in 3 weeks, will wait till my neck gets better.

Neck still giving me problems, bur I said the hel with it, and hit a strength work out.

Squat
135x5
185x5
210x5
210x5
210x5

Bench press
210x5
210x5
210x5

Deadlift
245x5

My neck was in pain especially when I benched. Will rest it for the next day or 2. And hopefully it gets better. Hoping to get back to bjj on Monday!

Been feeling fat lately. Will start eating clean tomorrow.

Squat
215x5
215x5
215x5

OHP
110x5
110x5
110x5

Power cleans
110x3
110x3
110x3
110x3
110x3

Neck still is bothering me, but is starting to feel better. Felt really good squating.

Will look to return to bjj this week!

Today I hit a cardio work out. Did 20 minutes on treadmill and 23 minutes on stair stepper. My legs are going to be sore tomorrow from stair stepper. My cardio wasn't good today ( it maybe because I ate a little too much)

I am very heavy right now and weighed 204.8 after my work out. That is way too heavy and I need to get on a diet ASAP!

Not happy with my work out today. On a brighter note my neck is starting to feel better and I will look to get back to bjj soon!

Squat
225x5
225x5
225x5

Bench press
215x5
215x5
215x5

Deadlift
255x5

Very happy with this workout. My squat form is getting better and increased the poundage by 10 instead of 5. I am very glad that I did. I suspect I will be moving up 5 pounds every workout for the next month!

Very happy with my strength, not very happy with not going to bjj. Wil look to go back on Monday. In the mean time every thing is going great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back