Fighting films with the most realistic MMA moves?

Warrior. Just be prepared to feel.

So many tears.

So many goddamn tears...

51OiIxfSeYL.jpg

Warrior. Just be prepared to feel.

So many tears.

So many goddamn tears...

This.

Tom Hardy also used a decent muay thai plum as Bane in the dungeon scene when he was rescuing Thalia Al Ghul.

This one really is excellent. They nailed combining great fight choreography with the rawness of a real fight. Good series.

I also couldn't recommend the series Kingdom enough. Great drama, great acting, all in a very realistic MMA context. Very underrated.

The flying stomp and standing neck twist are underutilized in MMA today. This classic scene is still one of the best ever.

Ip man has some good scenes as well as the protector.

John Wick.
I still can't get over how entertaining and genuinely good that movie was. Keanu used to be thought of (with good reason) as a complete joke and there he was nearing 50 starring in (as well as producing) one of the best action movies of the last decade.

Warrior might the best imo.
Fighting from Channing Tatum is ok, Never Back Down because of the fight gear and decent MMA moves.

In the Spartacus series there encorporate a bunch of MMA techniques. Gannicus get Rampage Power Bombed! He also snaps a guys arms with a standing armbar of sorts.

In the Spartacus series there encorporate a bunch of MMA techniques. Gannicus get Rampage Power Bombed! He also snaps a guys arms with a standing armbar of sorts.

This is a pretty good one! Nice!

Ok, so I was watching some fight scenes on Youtube and came across this clip from a film called Flash Point... I have watched a lot of fight films, but this one, to my knowledge is the first one to have put lots of realistic MMA moves into the fight choreography...

There are kickboxing moves, BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling, Judo, etc. I like how they incorporated the Jon Jones spinning elbow, Randleplex, and Rampage-Arona slam, as well. :D Pretty awesome!

Disregard all the crap here, and watch a series called Banshee.
Oh, and Undisputed 3's final figh scene predicted the Silva/Weidman check snap.

Disregard all the crap here, and watch a series called Banshee.
Oh, and Undisputed 3's final figh scene predicted the Silva/Weidman check snap.

Funny that you mentioned Undispute 3's final scene, but last night while I was watching that part, I was like,"ha, they got that idea from the Silva/Weidman fight." I then went to check the release date of that film (2010)... :D

One of my guilty pleasures is Fighting. The movie wasn't very well received but I really liked the fight scenes. The technique wasn't the greatest but the fights weren't over the top and I felt they were believable.

Back