Fighting films with the most realistic MMA moves?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ok, so I was watching some fight scenes on Youtube and came across this clip from a film called Flash Point... I have watched a lot of fight films, but this one, to my knowledge is the first one to have put lots of realistic MMA moves into the fight choreography...

There are kickboxing moves, BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling, Judo, etc. I like how they incorporated the Jon Jones spinning elbow, Randleplex, and Rampage-Arona slam, as well. :D Pretty awesome!

bloodsport.jpg

And In Return of the Dragon, Bruce Lee finishes Chuck Norris with a standing guillotine.

Lethal weapon 1. Gibson smacks a triangle on Busey. Think a gracie was fight coordinator for the film

Ok, so I was watching some fight scenes on Youtube and came across this clip from a film called Flash Point... I have watched a lot of fight films, but this one, to my knowledge is the first one to have put lots of realistic MMA moves into the fight choreography...

There are kickboxing moves, BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling, Judo, etc. I like how they incorporated the Jon Jones spinning elbow, Randleplex, and Rampage-Arona slam, as well. :D Pretty awesome!

I always love how CLEAN and slick the cinematography in Hong Kong movies is. Totally love how old school the whole thing is while being entirely MMA based at the same time. Thanks for posting!

Lethal weapon 1. Gibson smacks a triangle on Busey. Think a gracie was fight coordinator for the film

Rorion Gracie....voice of those "Gracie in Action" dvd's and one of the original co-founders of the UFC.

I always love how CLEAN and slick the cinematography in Hong Kong movies is. Totally love how old school the whole thing is while being entirely MMA based at the same time. Thanks for posting!

I thought it was pretty impressive how the director was able to effectively use MMA moves to make the fights realistic yet fun to watch. Most fight films are either too flashy with wireworks, or the fight scenes look fake.

Warrior

also Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong are very good

Came to post exactly this. Had seen the movie before getting into mma and must not have noticed. Watching it a second time I almost jumped out of my seat... Mel Gibson with a a triangle out of nowhere?!

Plus it's an epic fight scene to finish an epic movie

Back