fighting against mike tyson's style

BJJ Coffee Drinker

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
say tyson agreed to fight K-1 w/special rules. that is no leg kicks. how would you see many of the k-1 heavies fight him? what would be a good way to fight against someone who has a style similar to tyson but w/leg kicks eliminated? just wanted to hear what some of you have to say

stand up and take his ass down. Tyson should be your bitch, oh shit you mean k-1 rules just box his ass out i guess! any boxer can take him out now! just put mma gloves on him and tyson got a chance!

remember tyson is no threat what so ever. he is wWWWAAAYYY past his PRIME! now he is fucking bitches for money!

keep stepping back and throw jabs and 1,2's. Work on upper cuts and don't get cornered

I would say focus on your footwork and keep pumping stiff jabs.

Tyson beds and weaves from the waist alot. Keep your distance and work the jab when you can. When he bulls in like he does try to thai clich and throw knees while bends at the waist. Also if he slips left and right try to time that with a head kick.
K-1 standing rules right? Not MMA? Other wise take his ass down!

jab him to death. if he comes too close, clinch.

Just beat him the way all the other guys who have beat him lately did -- 1/2 jab cross and keep moving, clinch him up in close. Throw some high kicks to keep him on guard.

tyson is a head hunter, so just protect that and you should be ok. He'll probably gas after a couple of rounds again

The way to beat Tyson is, move lots and work alot harder and hit and hit and hit. You just gotta be confident and on the attack ALL the time.

Lubbockbjj said:
tyson is a head hunter, so just protect that and you should be ok. He'll probably gas after a couple of rounds again

old tyson used to work the body a lot (dropped a few people with some if I recal) and then pop in head hooks from no where.

If your head was over covered, he'd take out the body which was the easy targett and go from there

Doug Makenzie said:
The way to beat Tyson is, move lots and work alot harder and hit and hit and hit. You just gotta be confident and on the attack ALL the time.

uhhh big N O

the more you punch, the more shorter fighters have openings and opportunities to counter punch.

I doubt tyson would gass in a k1 match. It's only 3 3 minute rounds.

In all honesty Tyson in his prime was so well tuned and trained he'd have done alot of damage to almost any stand up fighter in the game, but now he's lost his speed and most of his movement so you'd want to make a target out of him, have a win on points frame of mind do combo's, jabs and 1'2s, avoid anything that makes you commit without being able to move away.

I doubt leg kicks would have worked on the old tyson because by the time the welts take effect you'd probably already have been ko'ed, speed was everything for tyson coupled with that power he was devastating.

tyson will get taken out by leg kicks... the pushkick/teek will own him

First enter this,007 373 5963, then I guarantee he will do nothing but upper cuts for the first 8-10 punches. Then he will do 8-10 jab, cross combos and so on. If you can beat Sandman you can beat him, just wait until the 3rd, then he will blink right before he throws a big upper cut, if you can connect after he throws this, he will go down, no matter how much life bar is left.

Back