Fighting adventure games?

flex4life

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I want to get some games that I can play with my 7 year old nephew. I've always been a huge fan of the Double Dragon, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, TMNT and Simpsons arcade games. Can anyone give me some worthy recommendations to download for ps4?

I'm always on the lookout for these types of games to play with my kid who is 6. There really isn't a ton of options out there.

Knack is surprisingly fun doing co-op. The new TMNT and Transformers games from Platinum would be a safe bet. Marvel Ultimate Alliance just came out, and while expensive for an old game I bought it and playing with the kid is a blast. dumped $60 for the 2 game bundle, but worth it to me to enjoy them again with my son.

I'm always on the lookout for these types of games to play with my kid who is 6. There really isn't a ton of options out there.

Knack is surprisingly fun doing co-op. The new TMNT and Transformers games from Platinum would be a safe bet. Marvel Ultimate Alliance just came out, and while expensive for an old game I bought it and playing with the kid is a blast. dumped $60 for the 2 game bundle, but worth it to me to enjoy them again with my son.

Transofrmers from Platinum games is a single player game, I have it. Marvel Alliance, ya I was look at that and think I will take the plunge!

Didn't realize Transformers was single player, didn't actually get into that one yet. It was on my list of games to play with the kid, but will probably pass. I only really play those kind of games these days when they're co-op with the kid.

Didn't really upgrade anything, pretty much a port for MAU.

Didn't realize Transformers was single player, didn't actually get into that one yet. It was on my list of games to play with the kid, but will probably pass. I only really play those kind of games these days when they're co-op with the kid.

Didn't really upgrade anything, pretty much a port for MAU.

Do you think the bundle is worth it? Some people say part 2 is consierably better and vice versa...

Double Dragon Neon, Scott Pilgrim, Castle Crashers are the first three that come to mind, although now that I've typed those, they're PS3...dangit.

Double Dragon 1 & 2 are on PS4 for $8 each, however. Other than that I can't think of anything off-hand...unless you unlock the sweet beat-em-up at the end of The Warriors.

What about diablo 3 for local coop? Or is it too much gore for 7 year old? Looks like Marvel Alliance but much better?

(Diablo 3 rated 17+ so ya gonna skip it)

Last edited:
If you search 'arcade archives' in the ps store Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2, and Renegade are there.

LittleBigPlanet 3 has many stages that can be played as beat em ups or you could create your own.

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition is a beat em up but is also a platforming game.

Mother Russia Bleeds probably what you are looking for and should be out soon, depending if you feel it is too violent or not for the little one.

Last edited:
What about diablo 3 for local coop? Or is it too much gore for 7 year old? Looks like Marvel Alliance but much better?

Are you looking for games that are specific to the Beat Em Up co-op genre or any fun couch co-op games?

^ Mother Russia Bleeds looks great lol, I will that one just for my own play.

^ Mother Russia Bleeds looks great lol, I will that one just for my own play.

Lol yeah I plan to get it too. Was suppose to be out already, no release date announced but probably out before the end of the year.

Hmm some guy asked about co-op games last week but for PC. Just checked if any answers I gave him could be used for you. He was looking for a different genre thou.

True traditional beat em ups don't seem to be a plenty on PS4. Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Marvel lego, Avengers Lego, DC Comics Lego are there but not really traditional old school type beat em ups. WWE games?

If you are talking just any fun couch co-op I guess it depends on how mature of a game you let the little guy play versus the fun for all ages type games.

A cooking co-op game that is said to be fun comes out this week called Overcooked

Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds Overdrive

I guess any of the dynasty warriors games. I think there are 4 different ones out on PS4 and even a free to play version if you have ps plus. All have co-op and tons of people to slaughter.

Broforce

Last edited:
Castle crashers is good. RE5 is good for local coop and so is Gears of War. Those might be to much for your nephew depending on your views.

Do you think the bundle is worth it? Some people say part 2 is consierably better and vice versa...

If I was only going to get one, I would go with 2. They both play smooth and haven't run into any issues, but MUA2 looks more polished.

Totally forgot about Guacamelee - that game was tight!

Thanks, I'm going to grab Phantom breaker. The dynasty warrio games look good but they are Pegi12, I will get Hyrule warriors instead.

I am surprised they are Pegi12. Yes, they have sword and weapon use, but you don't see blood or limbs being cut off. Glad you found something thou. Hope you and your nephew enjoy Phantom Breaker.

I've got to second BroForce, it's seriously kickass co-op.

Most fun I've had playing couch co-op in years.

Back